Ayam Cemani cross breeding

What does this chick look like now I have some AC but not sure if they are crossed with another breed . I have an EE Barred rock cross that bred with my AC . Here are some photos of mine. The red an black ROO is my Americauna the other is the AC but sont know if he is crossed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191026-052746_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191026-052746_Gallery.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_20191026-052720_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191026-052720_Gallery.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_20191026-052643_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191026-052643_Gallery.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 95
Hey guys, I though that I have to you some of my ayam cemani x turken. My silkie pullet hatched 4, but sadly the 2 didn't make it. Hope this will help.
1ABF173F-8978-41A4-877E-151F1EF016F9.jpeg
636074E0-1A70-4DE6-A4D4-7EB9BD11A376.jpeg

Try to hatch some more next year. Thanks to my silkie pullet for hatching them.

hello, anyone have experience about AC cross hens if they are better egg layers than pure AC females? per info found they AC hen lays 80 eggs only per year. So I wonder if they are mixed with other regular better layer the offspring should have more eggs.
any experience with it?

hello, anyone have experience about AC cross hens if they are better egg layers than pure AC females? per info found they AC hen lays 80 eggs only per year. So I wonder if they are mixed with other regular better layer the offspring should have more eggs.
any experience with it?
I kept 3 of my AC cross babies that hatched last spring. (Crossed with EE, RIR, GLW, or BO- not sure which crosses I ended up with as they are all solid black) since they’ve been laying I have been getting eggs about every couple days from them. I don’t track specifically, but I have 14 layers total and have been getting on average 6-10 eggs per day, and I do see them sitting in the nest boxes so I know some of the eggs are theirs.

so maybe the cross are better layers but we are not sure? seems we will need to find out later, our AC are about 6 months old they were the last hatched in 2019, form 25 eggs 10 hatched and only 4 are alive but these looks vital and healthy, i hope at least one roo will be there and rest could be hens. i would like to let the other roos mate with the AC and the AC to mate with the other hens.

Wait, are you saying you aren’t sure of the genders yet? By 6 months old it should be quite obvious. Do you have pictures?
they are all together with others, no large comb or other roos signs for now, they were growing very slowly, only now they are finally getting on size. I'm curious what will be their ration roos and hens. no pictuers yet, i can try to make some but they look just like young chicken no specific signs.

they are all together with others, no large comb or other roos signs for now, they were growing very slowly, only now they are finally getting on size. I'm curious what will be their ration roos and hens. no pictuers yet, i can try to make some but they look just like young chicken no specific signs.
I’d be interested to see the pictures. My pure males and all the cross males had quite large obvious combs fairly early-even if there was no red. I had most of them sorted out by comb size well before any gender specific feathering happened.:idunno

I have see some that are cross between white leghorns and rhode island reds. I don't even know if the layer is a part. I got one who was cross between australorp and rhode island red, she still fully black with blueish skin. I keep count of her course last year were 100.

Back
Top Bottom