Ayam Cemani EXTREMELY weak

The picture of them on my hand is the very first day I got them and the picture of them in the brooder is one I just took. Okay, maybe not QUITE double her size but enough to definitely raise an eyebrow. She was noticeably smaller when they arrived.
Is that a heat lamp bulb in that case?

This is a big size difference.
Is the person that gave them to you sure these birds were hatched on the same day?

Wait! I didn't even see the bird on the left in the first picture. All I saw was the word on the right. My bad.
So they were very close to the same size when you first got them.
Hmmm.

The "failure to thrive" syndrome is mysterious but it's a real thing. Hopefully, getting rid of the Coccidia will work. But, the other chick was exposed to the same cooties. Some birds will never catch up and just go from one malady to another until something finally takes the out.

Baby seems to be getting much better. Still sleeps spread out like a corpse and likes to give me heart attacks.
I've changed both chicks' bedding to fluffy towels, in case the pine bedding was causing some of the wheezing. Halved the dose of Corid (I did .75 tsp for a half gallon) and I've been administiring it to the sick chick. How soon can I expect her to start putting on weight and growing? Her buddy is already over double her size.
Hopefully the medication will help and she will start to fill out. All you can do is treat her, see that she's drinking the mixed water and eating well.

Keep us posted.

Hopefully the medication will help and she will start to fill out. All you can do is treat her, see that she's drinking the mixed water and eating well.

Keep us posted.
She's still alive today! Very small but she eats and drinks and poops a lot. Her poop seems be kind of green most of the time?

Wait! I didn't even see the bird on the left in the first picture. All I saw was the word on the right. My bad.
So they were very close to the same size when you first got them.
Hmmm.
They were much closer in size then compared to now, but there was still a difference. I emailed the place they came from asking for a hatch date (because idk, I like to know my birdies' birthdays 😂) and they never responded

Back
Top Bottom