Ayam Cemani laying daily?

MattDeL

In the Brooder
Aug 26, 2022
So my girl Darkness (Ayam Cemani) here has laid an egg 2 days in a row, about 27 hours apart.

So I know it was her, yesterday was her first egg ever - she got super noisy for a bit and went straight to the nesting box. Boom. Egg 1.

Today, same thing. I thought she was looking for her other egg because she went in and out of the box a few times. Then, boom. Egg 2.

I’ve read they only lay 60-100 a year - is it normal to lay daily? Will this happen for a few months then shut off for 9 months or so?
788CC574-F1A4-4797-8F7A-3D77F9ED9C71.jpeg

So my girl Darkness (Ayam Cemani) here has laid an egg 2 days in a row, about 27 hours apart.

So I know it was her, yesterday was her first egg ever - she got super noisy for a bit and went straight to the nesting box. Boom. Egg 1.

Today, same thing. I thought she was looking for her other egg because she went in and out of the box a few times. Then, boom. Egg 2.

I’ve read they only lay 60-100 a year - is it normal to lay daily? Will this happen for a few months then shut off for 9 months or so?View attachment 3277768
I

I’ve read they only lay 60-100 a year - is it normal to lay daily? Will this happen for a few months then shut off for 9 months or so?View attachment 3277768
I have 5 hens that are laying with another hen fixing to lay- I usually get 3 one day and then two the next day. I get enough eggs from them for us to eat, for me to sell for hatching and to give to family. That is a beautiful hen 🖤

Back
Top Bottom