Ayam cemani x golden laced wyandotte

How old is she? Given the size of the comb, I would expect her to start laying pretty soon (unless "she" is actually a male.)
I believe they're about 16-20 weeks now. I forgot to log their hatch date. She was hatched out by one of my AC girls, along with two other AC mixes. I'm pretty sure it's a hen. No crowing and only clucking for the past few weeks. Oh, and she has feathered feet too!

I believe they're about 16-20 weeks now. I forgot to log their hatch date. She was hatched out by one of my AC girls, along with two other AC mixes. I'm pretty sure it's a hen. No crowing and only clucking for the past few weeks.
I agree, probably female and due to lay soon :)

Oh, and she has feathered feet too!
That is odd, since Ayam Cemani and Wyandotte are both clean-legged breeds. :idunno

But it does sometimes happen that two clean-legged parents produce a chick with some feathers on the feet, so I'm assuming that is what happened here.

I agree, probably female and due to lay soon :)

That is odd, since Ayam Cemani and Wyandotte are both clean-legged breeds. :idunno

But it does sometimes happen that two clean-legged parents produce a chick with some feathers on the feet, so I'm assuming that is what happened here.
The bird also has a single comb...

The bird also has a single comb...
I noticed, but it seems fairly common for Wyandottes to carry the gene for not-rose comb, and to produce occasional single comb chicks. So I didn't think it meant very much either way.

But if you are suggesting there are enough oddities to indicate a different parent rather than a Wyandotte-- I agree that is also a possibility. For example, a Cochin could be involved (feathered feet, single comb.)

I noticed, but it seems fairly common for Wyandottes to carry the gene for not-rose comb, and to produce occasional single comb chicks. So I didn't think it meant very much either way.

But if you are suggesting there are enough oddities to indicate a different parent rather than a Wyandotte-- I agree that is also a possibility. For example, a Cochin could be involved (feathered feet, single comb.)
That wasn't what I was suggesting, but it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom