How to properly breed ayam cemanis

TesoroSena

Crowing
Jan 5, 2023
Tennessee
I decided to buy ayam cemanis in hope to breed and sell them, I know quite a bit about them but if you have any tips on their proper breeding, best ways to sell, how much to ask for, and other things like that about the breed I would greatly appreciate it!
If you would be interested in buying one eventually, let me know!

Here's your Tennessee thread on here you could try. It doesn't appear hugely active but maybe if you post there you'll get a few interested.

Otherwise, what I do to peddle my fancy silkies is go into those poultry sites on Facebook for my state or area and see if anyone is selling similar. Lots of those groups now have chat rooms so you can talk prices there and chat better. I'm sure just as there are silkie groups, there are groups for yours too there that would be helpful.

Here's a thread that might help too. Good luck!

A friend raised them for a while. She said that it is a high cull breed - meaning a lot of flaws can pop up and you don't want to breed them. She eventually gave up because so few chicks measured up to the proposed standard.

I do remember her taking photos of available chicks from various angles, including the tongue, to demonstrate how dark black her line was. Mulberry and gray are not desired.

A quick search of my local Craigslist shows straight run chicks for $10 each up to a week old, older chicks costing slightly more. I don't know a thing about Cemanis so I can't judge their quality.

I decided to buy ayam cemanis in hope to breed and sell them, I know quite a bit about them but if you have any tips on their proper breeding, best ways to sell, how much to ask for, and other things like that about the breed I would greatly appreciate it!
So breeding issues came up, and I won’t be able to sell until the end of the year. This won’t let me edit it, and sorry for any inconvenience. If someone is wanting them near the end of the year they are still available just postponed.

I recently hatched some and I am looking to purchase more. Here is the number of a lady that breeds and sales them she may be willing to answer some of your questions she is in Texas. I would text her first. Tell her what you are doing and ask her if she would be willing to talk to you so you could ask her some questions. Good luck. 936-900-2652

I recently hatched some and I am looking to purchase more. Here is the number of a lady that breeds and sales them she may be willing to answer some of your questions she is in Texas. I would text her first. Tell her what you are doing and ask her if she would be willing to talk to you so you could ask her some questions. Good luck. 936-900-2652
Wow, thank you! I might text her, that’s really helpful. I won’t be ready to sell for a few months but if I post an add on here I will tag you. Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom