BREEDING PAIR AYAM CEMANI: Hen and Rooster are each from (different) pure quality bloodlines

RUSO1229

Hatching
Aug 1, 2023
The Ayam Cemani is ultra exclusive for a number of different reasons. The obvious one is their all black pigmentation. This includes their skin, bones, plumage, mouths, tongues and yes- even their internal organs. However the Ayam Cemanis' sleek unusual appearance is equally irresistible for exotic bird owners and breeders who desire the most exclusive chickens for their flocks. The Ayam Cemani's extraordinary ink black plumage shimmers with a metallic sheen of brilliant teal, beetle green and purple that is truly commanding.

Bred from a solid foundation of two different high quality and reputable Ayam Cemani bloodlines. In procuring two entirely different bloodlines, we are able to focus on lifting up the best qualities in each bloodline to breed beautiful, strong, healthy birds. Only a very select handful of US breeders are taking the care to do this. Willing to travel to meet, or deliver, within 50 miles from the Woodstock or Randolph (VERMONT) areas.

Asking $1500 for these two beauties.

Attachments

• IMG_5837.jpeg
    IMG_5837.jpeg
    734.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_5844.jpeg
    IMG_5844.jpeg
    720.2 KB · Views: 26
The Ayam Cemani is ultra exclusive for a number of different reasons. The obvious one is their all black pigmentation. This includes their skin, bones, plumage, mouths, tongues and yes- even their internal organs. However the Ayam Cemanis' sleek unusual appearance is equally irresistible for exotic bird owners and breeders who desire the most exclusive chickens for their flocks. The Ayam Cemani's extraordinary ink black plumage shimmers with a metallic sheen of brilliant teal, beetle green and purple that is truly commanding.

Bred from a solid foundation of two different high quality and reputable Ayam Cemani bloodlines. In procuring two entirely different bloodlines, we are able to focus on lifting up the best qualities in each bloodline to breed beautiful, strong, healthy birds. Only a very select handful of US breeders are taking the care to do this. Willing to travel to meet, or deliver, within 50 miles from the Woodstock or Randolph (VERMONT) areas.

It's interesting to me that they are soooo expensive in the US, but in the EU they are like 40-50 euros each! They are beautiful!

It's interesting to me that they are soooo expensive in the US, but in the EU they are like 40-50 euros each! They are beautiful!
That was just for the first couple 2 or 3 years.
Prices here now are similar to the other poster. Just saw some chicks for $10, cockerels for $30, pullets for $50

That was just for the first couple 2 or 3 years.
Prices here now are similar to the other poster. Just saw some chicks for $10, cockerels for $30, pullets for $50
Oh ok so I guess it's similar to here! Sometimes I will check eBay to see what weird or crazy priced eggs I can find. Like 12 white peacocks for 300$, but here you can get a dozen for 40€ easy! I'm a good friend with a breeder near me who breeds almost every variety! Albino, Pied, and like 10 others!!! It seems to really pay good money for breeders in America when they have rarer breeds.

They're pretty cheap here too. The only genuinely expensive chickens I've ever seen are Bekisar hybrids and most of those are sterile
View attachment 3629778
Wow that's really cool! I will try to get photos from where I sell! There are sooooo many breeders

Screenshot_20230907-104312.png

These are Rubby Shelducks!!! I don't think I know a single person that has these!
Screenshot_20230907-103954.png

Last edited:
I imagine that rare breeds would reach market saturation very fast. They're rare because people don't want them
Sometimes though they just think they don't want them until somebody else tells them they do want them.
That's what happened with the ACs and some of the other "rare" breeds.
They came on the scene and they were different then people started seeing the prices and couldn't shut up about them.
Next thing you know lots and lots of people wanted them. Either to just have that chicken that everybody else was talking about and wanting or they saw $$$ and a way to get rich quick.
Then ya the market got saturated that way and the bottom fell out leaving them selling for pennies on the dollar compared to that first year or two.

This must be a mistake?
I imagine that rare breeds would reach market saturation very fast. They're rare because people don't want them
It's just a ridiculously overpriced fad and I know of several fellow chicken keepers here in Germany that were left quite disappointed in the breed and their acqusitions because of poor health, very low amount of eggs and lots of other inbreeding issues.

The reason she is asking so much for these is because like she stated they are very high-quality. Places like eBay, and other places online that sell them for low prices have low quality as an only 50% of the bird is truly Cemani meaning that if you try to breed it, you will not get pure bred and that the cemani just looks like ayam cemanis.

Back
Top Bottom