Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I have heard, if you are lucky enough for the EBay seller to actually send the eggs, none will be fertile. He will keep "replacing" eggs and drag out the deal until the time has expired for you to be able to leave feedback. This guy has gone under 6 different usernames over the years and has actually been traced back to a horse scammer also.

I hate a thief and that is what he is. He stole photos from my good friends and fellow breeders (both locally, on BYC, and in the UK) and claimed this pictures were his own.
If you type in Ayam Cemani on google images the photo's he used in his add will be some of the first results. He just copied and pasted them onto the add. :(

Here are the locations of the stolen images:
http://www.kaskus.co.id/thread/50e9577fe674b48637000001/ayam-cemani-super-asli-kedu-bergaransi
http://www.arche-reservat-holle.de/html/ayam_cemani.html
http://martsiano.wordpress.com/2008/05/18/ayam-cemani/

Boykin, how were you able to figure out who this seller was and other usernames he has used?

From what I have heard, if you are lucky enough for the EBay seller to actually send the eggs, none will be fertile. He will keep "replacing" eggs and drag out the deal until the time has expired for you to be able to leave feedback. This guy has gone under 6 different usernames over the years and has actually been traced back to a horse scammer also.

I hate a thief and that is what he is. He stole photos from my good friends and fellow breeders (both locally, on BYC, and in the UK) and claimed this pictures were his own.
If you type in Ayam Cemani on google images the photo's he used in his add will be some of the first results. He just copied and pasted them onto the add. :(

I hope this works out though!

McPherson I unfortunately had something like this happen to me. You only have 45 days to file a complaint and then EBAY cannot help you or Paypal. I lost $104 dollars and have no recourse what so ever. I would limit the timeframe you wait for the eggs and can incubate to hatch so you are within that 45 day limit unless you choose to initiate a 'discussion' with EBAY admin now. Good luck.

I personally would not wait to file, but start a discussion with the seller immediately. I would ask a lot of questions. Tell him that you have been advised by another A.C. breeder that you should ask for original photos - not internet stolen ones - of the actual breeding stock - the supposed "flock". Ask who he acquired the flock from since the aren't even really available in the US. Ask to see the import paperwork. Ask for photos of the actual eggs. Ask what type of feeding protocol he uses, what kind of bedding, how many birds, what size coop. If he can't provide any of this I would immediately file a complaint that you suspect fraud and want to cancel the order for a full refund.

I hope this works out though!

Ah well if these all aren't fertile at first candling I'll just file a claim then rather than waiting for replacements etc. That way time won't expire as far as feedback etc.

I started another thread about this ebay listing... unaware there was a thread for Ayam Cemanis! I should've known. BYC has a thread for everything!

Hopefully it all works out for you. Please keep us updated! Good luck!

Post pictures of the eggs when you receive them. My Svart Honas lay a smaller almost white egg.
If the eggs aren't white or just a little bigger than bantam size, I would be worried.

Post pictures of the eggs when you receive them. My Svart Honas lay a smaller almost white egg.
If the eggs aren't white or just a little bigger than bantam size, I would be worried.
Ok, I will post photos as soon as I get them. Do you ever sell your Svart Honas eggs? Thank you very much for your help.

OMG!!!!
Tonie Marie has an auction for these due in 6 days
These would be most legit!!!! I don't think she lets these out much.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-RARE-pure...755?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20d596324b

Hopefully a BYC'er will get another flock going so others
can have some!
I have just had such poor results with shipped eggs
this year since I live so far out in the middle of nowhere.....

Will be watching what they go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom