Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open Letter to Paul Bradshaw of Greenfire Farms:

Paul, you have developed an International reputation as an exceptional breeder of the highest quality.Your efforts to improve the variety and pure breeding lines have remarkable. You have traveled to the end of humanity to bring the best to our poultry palates. Our lives have been enriched by your work and efforts. Birds such as the American Bresse have widened our scope and given new depth and understanding of breeding. You have done exhaustive genetic research into the origins and history of rare, endangered birds.

However, in the case of the bird you call Ayam Cemani, there is a creditability issue. Those of us who know the bird and who have lived in Indonesia know that the bird, no matter how beautiful is not the Ayam Cemani. It is either an Ayam Kedu or a Svart Hovs/Ayam Kedu mix.

How can you call something a true breed and say that it's characteristics are not passed down to it's offspring? Of course there could always be the rare, weird genetic combination, creating something very different.

Because of your International creditability and reputation we do not understand the mis-identification. We feel that perhaps you too have been mislead by another source attempting to pass some off as Ayam Cemani when it truly is not.Perhaps, further research is in order.

Dear Sir,
I say this with total respect. I believe you're truly mistaken. The chickens on your pictures clearly show red in the combs. After just spending 10 days in Indonesia For the sole purpose of researching and acquiring chickens. The word for black In Indonesia is Cemani any red or anything other than pure black is not a Cemani. I guess it goes without saying that we would give such things such importance other aspects of our life must be an wonderful order if we can concern ourselves with these details. I understand some people are more concerned about redefining marriage but for us it seems to be Redefining chicken breeds
This is a classic Indonesian Cemani nothing and even a hint of anything but Black.

Randy, we would love to see some pictures of your chicks.

Randy, thanks for sharing and would second this request as you have the opportunity to. Also, if you have any chance at following up with Tina Sutton, what might be some updated progress from her? Thank you in advance,

All the best,

Randy, thanks for sharing and would second this request as you have the opportunity to.  Also, if you have any chance at following up with Tina Sutton, what might be some updated progress from her?  Thank you in advance,

All the best,

I tried once and couldn't get them to upload right, going to try again Monday or Tuesday. Tina is going to candled hers this week and let me know how they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom