Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried once and couldn't get them to upload right, going to try again Monday or Tuesday. Tina is going to candled hers this week and let me know how they are doing.

Thank you, Randy, for trying and for letting us know of Tina's progress. Will look forward to seeing the updates.

By the way, anyone here, besides Captkirk, who has Hmong Chickens? Been trying to get in contact with CaptKirk, but he may have been busy enjoying the new flock. Would love to get some eggs for these rare but tasty Hmong Chickens. Thanks in advance.

I want to see if anyone can tell me how to upload pics on here, every time I try to put a picture on here it is either sideways or up side down and I cannot figure out how to flip it upwards.

Thanks

I want to see if anyone can tell me how to upload pics on here, every time I try to put a picture on here it is either sideways or up side down and I cannot figure out how to flip it upwards.

Thanks
Use a Photo editor to make the photo a smaller size--1024x720 pixels. I also change to 300DPI and the save the photo as a jpg.

I have Photoshop. You then upload the photos using the insert photo on the tool bar.

Hi everyone!

This thread just popped up on my list.
I don't have an Ayam Cemani (yet!), but I am in love with them.
I've been looking for one for awhile, but the price right now is insane.
The only live chickens I've seen are $5,000 for a pair that's about 5 weeks old and I believe they are currently on a waitlist.
Hatching eggs pop up on ebay every now and then for around $1500 when the bidding is over. But that's a risk too because how do you even know they are quality pure bred?

We are military and a family we knew was in Germany and they were only $40 a chicken!
I'm waiting for the US market to get inundated and the price to drop to something reasonable. I'm not a breeder, I just want a pet, so I can't sell my husband on $5k for a chicken haha.

Anyway, love seeing the pics from those that have them. Anyone aware of any other routes I haven't tried to find one at a more reasonable price?

Use a Photo editor to make the photo a smaller size--1024x720 pixels. I also change to 300DPI and the save the photo as a jpg.

I have Photoshop. You then upload the photos using the insert photo on the tool bar.
Thanks, I will try this shortly.

Randy, do you have Ayam Cemani chicks???
I went back a few pages, but couldn't find it other than it was talking about hatching chicks.
I see you are in NC, are you planning on selling any pullets?

Randy, do you have Ayam Cemani chicks???
I went back a few pages, but couldn't find it other than it was talking about hatching chicks.
I see you are in NC, are you planning on selling any pullets?
I'll catch you up :) Randy won some (legit) hatching eggs from Toni Marie a US breeder on ebay, there was one other winner after him - but Toni Marie rarely offers hers up for sale. The other breeder you mentioned is Greenfire Farms who is also on this thread. There are no cheap Ayam Cemani here in the US for sure. Someday if the ban on importing from Indonesia (which has been a subject of much anger and debate in this thread) is finally lifted I would imagine the market will be flooded with much more attainable Ayam Cemani.

I'll catch you up
smile.png
Randy won some (legit) hatching eggs from Toni Marie a US breeder on ebay, there was one other winner after him - but Toni Marie rarely offers hers up for sale. The other breeder you mentioned is Greenfire Farms who is also on this thread. There are no cheap Ayam Cemani here in the US for sure. Someday if the ban on importing from Indonesia (which has been a subject of much anger and debate in this thread) is finally lifted I would imagine the market will be flooded with much more attainable Ayam Cemani.
Thank you Familypendragon. And right now the chicks I have I will be keeping to use for my breeding stock for next spring so I won't be selling any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom