Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
the percentages are just an average. Like usually you get 50% males and 50% females
of black to blue breeding give 50% of each color.

It doesn't literally mean you get that ratio every time.

and yes the white goes away on them as they enter into their adult feathering.
most all black birds hatch this way. The cemani usually have some both ways from what I have seen.
Thank you!! That makes me feel much better.

Thank you Aubrey that was nice of you... This is a 4 mth little roo from this summers hatch...He had white when he was a chick untill just a few weeks ago. I wish I did get 100% pitch black...

Very well,
I don't know much about this breed as I said in my posts.
Every other all black species I have had experience with never shows any blotching or changes darker over time.

A bird growing darker over time is very interesting when it comes to the skin.

EDIT:
I was also not attacking anyone personally just sharing my experience with all black breeds.

Last edited:
I would trust what Toni is saying. I have known her for years now and she would never say anything is pure and it be a mix. She is the best breeder I know! Toni truly does know her stuff when it comes to these birds. Like Aubrey said she has wrote books on her birds to help others learn about what they have or what they are looking to get. But if anyone has any questions about the birds she would be the one to go to. Trust me I ask her stuff all the time! LOL I myself have seen these birds in person loads of times and they are a sit to see that's for sure!

I'm new to this thread, but I don't think anyone was trying a personal attack on you TM and I'm sorry if you felt that way.

However, from what I have SEEN (I'm far from an expert) the Ayam Cemani's didn't have yellow on the legs and beak like that (not talking about feathers).
I was under the impression a TRUE pure bred Ayam Cemani was all black (from tongue to toes) and show stock (not saying this is what you said you were selling) had to have a full black comb and wattles, not mulberry.

Please don't take this as me trying to be nasty to you or anything, I'm only looking to learn about the breed. I don't have one, though I wish I did, and want to know all I can about them.

I think your bird pictured is beautiful!

I am jealous of the sheen that the birds shown by Toni-Marie have. That very vibrant almost green sheen that comes out of the blackest of black feathers is probably more rare than some other traits. Quite possibly that is the "all black" namesake of the breed. I want to find more birds with it, but I was very lucky to find ones with the white feather trait so I played with that.

My assumptions and warnings were out of someone looking for an all black bird. Maybe its the feathers that take priority and that intense black sheen was the most desirable trait. If someone who has had the birds for many years says so I'm willing to believe. Leave us to our own devices and we only have what we know about other birds (claimed to be) in the same family.

Please don't take anything personally. The rest of us are all new to this breed and attempting to discuss what we know that could relate to the breed of a similar description. Set us right and we will believe you.
We have no chance to attack if we have no target. Everything said here was out of speculation with the absence of an expert.

I'd like to know more because the deep black birds in my old part of China supposedly were from Indonesia (generations ago) and I'm looking for a way to find where similar specimens may have ended up in import ready countries.

Good luck to all

EDIT:
Honestly I am still in awe that a bird can go from that white to that black.
There are some really unique things going on and that's amazing. My experience with black color birds isnt the most extensive but of any breed or mix I have encountered that is impossible. I would love to learn more about this breed. Pretty darn cool.
Sure any bird can have different feather patterns and colors, but down to the skin. Impressive!
Again that ability to change so much could make it more important and mysterious to the locals.
Kinda like the opposite of the ugly duckling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom