Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
That website that 'stole' the images shows brown eggs. Is there a variety of Cemani that lays brown eggs? And are there Cemani that do not have a single comb?

One of the photos on there belongs to GFF....They have really done some wholesale "borrowing".

Last edited:
You know this issue that Cemani Farms is going through show us that we really do need a Chicken Registry like Dog Breeders have been using for years. I can go right now to AKC and find out the lineage of my English Springer Spaniel. Granted there will always be people that will head straight to Craigslist and buy any black chicken that is labelled Cemani. But at least the legitimate chicken breeder community could show their chicken lineage and use it as a marketing feature. I think Paul at Greenfire Farms was working on something like this but I never heard what happened to it.

Ayam Cemani is a breed that could probably benefit from a breed registry. That way we could avoid what happened to Cocker Spaniels (in the dog world) in which rampant in-breeding practically ruined their lines. Plus people could go online and check the lineage of the bird BEFORE spending large amounts of cash on a scam.

It also would help end the "is there a standard" discussion for people that just want to go to a breeder and not actually know what the standard. Most chicken buyers are just looking for pretty birds to roam around their yards. People falling victim to a scam is going to do more harm to the Backyard Chicken movement more than a lack of standard ever will.

I am going to stand down from my soapbox now and go and change the water for my chicks. :)

Finally,... the scam website whos stole data from us has been deleted by law,... its Only need 12 hours....

Thanks for support and Information.
hugs.gif

Best Regards,.......

That's great news. Just be prepared for it to pop up again. Those scam sites are like roaches.

Now back to the discussion about everyone's favorite topic.

Hi,

This does not look like an Ayam Cemani to me. If my computer is clear enough, do I see a red comb and waddle. It looks like an Ayam Kedu? Is that right or I am I full of canal water?

it was Kadaknath from India.

what difference with cemani is they have other color variation,....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom