Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
If you tried to attach it with the paper clip it won't work. You need to use the photo icon that looks like a mountain range with a sun over it. It is just in front of the film/video icon.
Also, there is a more and a less button that will hide some of the tools.

pasting in a picture will not always work--Browser and Operating system issues- But using the picture tool works.

1238182_10202097388150333_1882483944_n.jpg

1509073_10202097388110332_1110192435_n.jpg

1525746_10202097388070331_1992702581_n.jpg

Last edited:
True Cemoni come in various skin shades depending on several factors. Diet,Time of year, If a hen is laying. ect. My Cemoni have changed in color from time to time. Where as in tropical Indonesia where its warm all the time the color is stable. Also those birds have been breed darkest to darkest for generations. The ones we have here(at least the ones I have) are a land race fowl have not been breed like that. But it is very easy to start. Does it mean if you have a bird or 2 that is not real black not pure. NO. It just means they have not been breed to those standards. There are several breeders here that are breeding them to be as black as the Indonesian ones.Myself,Tina,Randy and a few others. It may take another generation but there almost there now. I know now how they should be breed and are also breeding the darkest to Darkest... Good luck on your birds. If you have a chick or 2 that does not have dark skin at least in black,Blue.grey,or a purpleish look I would cull it unless thats all you have. We need to start culling all birds that dont have dark skin so we may have them jet black. It may take a little longer but we are almost there now... We are calling them American cemoni. They may be a tad differant from some you see but we are on our way...

There are parts of her skin that has black pigment, kind of like her feet. Do you think it is an Cemani? Originally when she was little there was no dark parts of her feet. The breeder was worried that he sent me a Cemani so I checked and nothing looked dark. But she is changing. I don't want a Cemani, but didn't want to cull her if she would be useful to someone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom