Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine are laying right now :) However I want to save them for myself I only have about 2 hens and 2 roosters
The rest are fibro-melanistic

You really can't find any true cement's here in the U.S.
I only know of one breeder who actually has Ayam Cemani's... I THINK

However, I like Cemani crosses more
Here is my one of the 2 roos that I am saving for breeding... He's got a really dark face :)

Here's a video of my other one and a hen

I've got 25 Cemani's right now. (Check ayamcemani.tumblr.com for photo's). The chickens above, posted by dvang3, are no Cemani's I am afraid. This breed is called 'Luikse Vechter'. Luik is a city in Belgium and 'Vechter' is Dutch for 'fighter'.

A picture for your reference: http://www.sle.be/static/images/rassen/Luikse vechter webSLE.jpg

Ayam Cemani's are supposed to be all black. The Luikse Vechter is a nice breed though, and even in Holland and Belgium quite rare.

I forgot to mention that the female birds of the Luikse Vechter are almost identical to the Ayam Cemani. Furthermore, the Luikse Vechter has 2 kinds of breeds. The ones with the red head (normal skin) and the ones with black skin. So if you google for Luikse Vechter, you will also find some of the birds that do not have the black skin.

I believe there are four breeds that have fibromelanose (this is the Dutch word for the genetic disorder that makes the skin black, I don't know the English word for it). These are:
1. Silkies
2. Ayam Cemani's
3. Luikse Vechters
4. Chickens from the Shinguro variety (some Chabo's have a black skin).
5. Kadaknath (pleased to inform that I am talking to some breeder from India, who is willing to ship some eggs!!!!)

Hope this helps people out who are willing to learn more about these birds. Furthermore, the black blood of the Cemani's is a fairytale. This is scientifically impossible, whereas the blood transports oxygen. This oxygen makes blood color red when it attaches to the blood cells. So if you are looking for Cemani's with black blood, you can search for a long time! Too bad, it isn't possible. Though, they are still incredible :)

Here are some photo's of my Ayam Cemani's. I will be sending baby chicks as soon as these birds are producing eggs! A friend of mine, who breeds Cochin's and Brahma's, shipped live stock before to the USA and Asia. So it is possible to get some animals for those breeders who want these birds very bad!

I've got 25 Cemani's right now. (Check ayamcemani.tumblr.com for photo's). The chickens above, posted by dvang3, are no Cemani's I am afraid. This breed is called 'Luikse Vechter'. Luik is a city in Belgium and 'Vechter' is Dutch for 'fighter'.

A picture for your reference: http://www.sle.be/static/images/rassen/Luikse vechter webSLE.jpg

Ayam Cemani's are supposed to be all black. The Luikse Vechter is a nice breed though, and even in Holland and Belgium quite rare.
Mine are definitely not Ayam Cemani's nor do I claim them to be. They are just fibromelanistic birds which seem to be crosses with Cemanis.
Mine are not Luikse Vechter either, however I think they may have originated from them.

All my birds are crossed and project birds. I take much pride in them.

I am from the Netherlands. The birds are still too young, so they don't produce any eggs yet. As soon as there are eggs, I will start exporting them! So stay tuned. Already planning to ship some eggs to India and the US. I will try to keep all information available at ayamcemani.tumblr.com

I am from the Netherlands. The birds are still too young, so they don't produce any eggs yet. As soon as there are eggs, I will start exporting them! So stay tuned. Already planning to ship some eggs to India and the US. I will try to keep all information available at ayamcemani.tumblr.com
please keep me updated as well
Please please please PM me when ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom