Aztec Ducks!

Pics
Ya still better watch out, my last hatch a few died because they turned to zip and blocked their safety hole, and their external pip hole.
Oh man! I will watch it. I put the safety hole well away from the pips they did already. But has they make more punch holes I will keep an eye on them. i know @Pyxis said these guys hatch a lot like calls, so I refreshed my assistant kit. But I don’t want to help them to soon either. Specially after coming away from this last hatch of Black East Indies.

Oh man! I will watch it. I put the safety hole well away from the pips they did already. But has they make more punch holes I will keep an eye on them. i know @Pyxis said these guys hatch a lot like calls, so I refreshed my assistant kit. But I don’t want to help them to soon either. Specially after coming away from this last hatch of Black East Indies.
Did any hatch yet?

Oh, I have never hatched ducks anything before so I don’t know how fast they hatch
No worries. Ducks always hatch very slowly. It can take 24-48 hours to get them to zip after then first break through the egg.

17353F71-365C-4328-BEE5-6C74C14CE4E0.jpeg 0F6B02E9-44F7-4EA4-B5D9-715B4132F830.jpeg
Here is the progress we have made since this morning on the first two eggs that pipped.

All but three eggs have internal pipped.
Three eggs however look like they have quit or gone dead in shell after internal pip. The inside looks yellow and brown through the shell. So I have moved them slightly away from the other eggs just in case they leak or anything. But those three I am not holding out hope for.

I thought the whole point of this breed was that they were not supposed to hatch like calls?

Back
Top Bottom