B-day party game ideas please!

Shannon's Chix

Songster
10 Years
Apr 30, 2009
N.E. Florida
My ds is turning 9 on sat...I would love some great party game ideas...besides egg toss! (Told ds we will buy store eggs for that one, I won't use my girls' eggs!)

We just moved so don't have a pool anymore, which we usually did so I'm kinda stumped.
hu.gif

We did "Amazing Race" for our last party, split the group into teams of 6-8 people, then began with a scavenger hunt around the farm. Then moved on to the games (egg on a spoon relay, eating apple hanging on string, pass the apple neck to neck, etc). We ended with the messy but lovable squirt-gun paintball using cheap squirt guns filled with food coloring/water. We supplied plain white Ts for this purpose which I washed/bleached to use again this year. Finally we had an old fashioned disco in the basement with funky lights and loud music.
It lasted 4 hours, and was the longest 4 hours of my entire life.

Kids love shaving cream. If you can get outside, playing with that is fun. Most of the cheap cans are under a dollar. You'll smell like old man aftershave, but the kids won't care.

I'm actually planning games for a chicken BBQ for next weekend. Here's a few ideas.

Pass the sand-take handfulls of sand from one side of the yard and race to the other side and fill a bucket that was premarked. First to fill to the mark, wins.

Presents- 2 people have one rt hand tied to the others lt hand. Then they try to wrap a present with a bow. 1st to finish, wins.

Feed a friend- standing back to back, one person has a pole with a string and on the string is a candy bar, that person tries to feed the other, with being back to back, and the other has hands tied.

Balloon on the ankle-tie a baloon to everyones lt leg. Try to pop the other people's ballon with your rt. Last balloon wins.

Kangaroo- ballon between the legs and race to the finish line.

Egg on a spoon- so many eggs to a bucket at other side of yard, balancing the egg on the spoon. If you drop it, back to the beginning.

Water balloon toss or egg toss.

Scavenger hunt-you can get many ideas for that on the internet.

These are just a few. I googled party games and found a ton. Most of mine are for outside and a range of ages. We are also having a 3 legged race, pie eating contest, leap frog (1 adult to 1 kid)And many more. Maybe some of these will help you make your own games and ideas. Good luck.

Here's one my daughter always loved

buy a bunch of things at the dollar store, one thing for each guest, some they will like - hairbows, a doll etc. some they won't-xxxL ladies underwear, shower caps... you get the idea

Then wrap all of the things, some in nice paper, some in newspaper, some big boxes, some little. Make sure there is one that looks way better than the rest.

Put them in a pile. each guest gets a number. The first number takes picks a gift from the pile, DO NOT LET THEM OPEN IT. The second number can take gift from #1 or pick from the pile. continue until everyone has a gift. Usually everyone will be fighting over one box... a nice pretty big one. Make sure that's the one with the funkiest prize. Its very funny to see the look on the face of the person when they realize they were trying to get a fly swatter or some other ridiculous gift.

guess I am too late on this one but perhaps for next year:
treasure hunt always a great favorite (list with crazy items that they can ask at neighbors such as an old sock with a hole in it etc.) > clues hung in trees tied on a ballon is always fun to get down (plastic pipe with homemade paper darts)
>re the paper darts (kids luv to make these and shoot them out of a plastic pipe > make this part of the activity):
I found a little stream/pond by the library here and the "prize" at the end of the treasure hunt was little plastic toys hung on balloons and the balloons thrown in the pond > the kids had to make their own pole/net to fish them out.
Our party was on a saturday and this took up the entire afternoon... we finished it all off with cake and present opening (and all the kids kept their prizes they fished out of the pond)

Back
Top Bottom