[b]Hatching Buddy.. Hatch date: June 7-8[/b]

Here is a question for everyone... we placed one egg with small tip up. and it seems to be doing well, so far. It is growing.. Should I turn it with small tip down? Will it affect the growing? Can I kill it? Or should I just let it go as is?

Good morning everyone. One of the eggs that was pipped last night just hatched this morning,, Very exciting!! But my newbe question is. There is still a cord attached from the egg to his body, is this normal? will it fall on its own? should I leave it be?

PLEASE HELP!!

Quote:
Hmmm we're starting our first hatch this weekend actually
smile.png
due to hatch the 24th. But from what I've seen that should not still be attached. It should come away cleanly on it's own. With no actual experience of my own, I would say leave it be. I don't think anything can be done that doesn't have some risk of hurting the chick and it will come off when it's ready. Since it just hatched, it's still got time to dry out and probably by then it will be fine.

Quote:
smile.png
due to hatch the 24th. But from what I've seen that should not still be attached. It should come away cleanly on it's own. With no actual experience of my own, I would say leave it be. I don't think anything can be done that doesn't have some risk of hurting the chick and it will come off when it's ready. Since it just hatched, it's still got time to dry out and probably by then it will be fine.

I have seen the same. even on videos I never seem the cord still attached.. I will leave it be and hope for the best..
he's so cute!or she lol..

Quote:
smile.png

I have seen the same. even on videos I never seem the cord still attached.. I will leave it be and hope for the best..
he's so cute!or she lol..

Can't wait for pics!
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif

Ok, egg one while moving around through the other eggs, it dragged the cord still attached to part of the egg and came off! whew!! he/she looks fine and happy..
egg two, he came out just fine. no cord attached, but one eye open and one closed..

Yay more babies!! How's it going now? The one with an eye closed is probably fine too. Just getting used to being out. Watch, when our chicks over here are hatching you'll be the one telling me to chill about simple stuff
tongue.png
. Don't you love this forum? lol

Back
Top Bottom