B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Quote:
I may have some youngsters available later in the year, but I want to grow them out some before I start thinning them down.
red and silver grey, possibly golden/colored (aka silver/red split). I've got an incubator full right now due to start hatching by the 28th so nothing will start being available until later in the summer/fall

This late in the year you will have a tough time. I was put on several lists in January and still didn't get in line fast enough. What type of dorking are you looking for?
We had to order and have money down in November. Unless you do not mind hatchery birds I also suggest starting early. You may be able to find someone local that is friendly enough to set you some eggs, but that is a pure blessing.

I'm in North San Diego County and bought 30 straight run SGD from MacMurray this year, as I recently lost 3 roosters and have had trouble finding more. If anyone is local and looking, I have extra males. They are five weeks old, vaccinated for Mareks but not otherwise medicated, and have been fed organic from the start. I'm asking for $10 to cover costs, but the point is to find them homes where they might be able to contribute. I realize they are hatchery, but they were recommended to me by a highly respected breeder as a decent place to start (I will tell you his name if you ask, but doesn't seem appropriate to just post it here). I have other stock, but as I said, needed a male.

So far there is quite a difference in size. I will be keeping 2 or 3 of the largest/fastest growing, but there are still 10 or so others to choose from at this point.

Betsy

Are there any Dorking breeders in South Africa?

I am a Dorking-breeder in Germany.
There are only few Dorking-breeder in Germany so there is a problem with inbreeding.
In August and September we will spend some time in South Africa. I wonder whether it is possible to get some Dorking breeding eggs from South Africa.

frow.gif
Welcome. You might look for a South Africa thread. Lots of states and countries have their own threads on here. Good luck! That would be a great way to refresh the blood line. Just make sure you have checked all the customs laws before you try transporting anything.

Back
Top Bottom