B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Pics
Quote:
Awwww!!!!! I love babies!! Too cute.
love.gif

A whole brooder full of Dorkings would be a dream come true for me! I just had one hatch -- only 2 are in the incubator this week.

Seriously... I think there is nothing sweeter than a Dorking baby...

Case in point...
6962_dorking_chicks_katexduke_1-21-2009_10-31-53_am.jpg

big_smile.png
(This was a couple of years ago... I'm hoping to do a new one in about 3 weeks...
wink.png
)

Everyone tucked under momma and all seems quiet in the chicken coop. Will check on them again before I go to bed. It is always scary to put the chicks under a broody hen. You just never know if when the sun comes up if the hen will go bonkers. Never had that problem myself but have heard of others struggles... Wish me luck!

Dave

Quote:
Chicks on lace... hope you don't care if it gets dirty

Dave

LOL! I put them on paper towels first, because you KNOW they're going to poop first thing... then I can take pics. But it was a lace tablecloth, easily washed.
wink.png

I got them at Sand Hill Preservation Center in Calamus, Iowa. I will post pictures soon! Healthy and sweet. They threw in a couple of white dorkings and a black dorking as fillers! I also got my Red Dorkings there last year. Very satisfied!

Here are pictures of my Cuckoo Dorkings! (plus some fillers that I think are white dorkings). Is there anyway to sex them? some seem to have a totally black head, while others just have a dot. The flash makes some look like they have yellow legs, but they are really white.
42304_img_0120.jpg

42304_img_0139.jpg

42304_img_0130.jpg

42304_img_0115.jpg

42304_img_0111.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom