B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Ok, I've got a bit of a dilemma...

I'm trying to figure out the show entries for the show in Knoxville, but can't decide on who to take...

I've got 8 silver grey girls and 2 roos, 4 red girls (all different shades of red, from very light to very dark), 1 colored.

I'd love nothing more than to take them all, but that's not realistic.

the colored, reds and probably 2 or 3 of the silver greys have great size and type IMO. the 2 roos are both very nice, but I like big guy's type better than the other, but the other has better feet than big guy (he's had multiple injuries to his extra toes)...

so how do I decide who goes and who stays?

beautiful!!! you are very lucky he entrusted them to you!!! congrats! I love the coloration of the girl. so pretty!
Thanks! Can't wait to hatch some babies when she starts laying! I am in love with the roo's coloring.
love.gif
I passed up some other color pairs for this pair because of him.

The color is called "Pyle"

Pyle can be made by selectively breeding dominant white and BB Red.

Dominant White I Autosomal Incomplete Dominant
Fades pheomelanin when homozygous , but not with one dose.

Eumelanin diluters (Bl, lav, pk, I, ID, IS, choc, c)
These genes alter the eumelanin- black areas of the wild type. Some genes change both eumelanin & pheomelanin pigment (eg Lavender, Recessive White, etc).

* Your birds look like colored Dorkings crossed to white.
wink.png

Last edited:
Wow thanks for the explanation extra java. If these are a result of a cross between a white Dorking and a colored Dorking, does this mean that these two birds will breed true?

On a white/red cross, the white would cover the black. The red would remain.

Like this (Dutch bantam).

They should breed true once stabilized.
Mr. Russell said these (my pair) will breed true except for the rare red. He has been working with the color. Also, I was instructed to keep that red out of the pyles, if I do get it, to breed back into the pyle to strengthen it. I have met him various times in the past. At several shows, at a club meeting of the Lebanon County Poultry Fanciers, etc. I have not been on his farm, don't know if I could handle all the eye candy he has!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom