B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Is the US Dorking club active? I haven't checked the forums in a month but last time I checked there wasn't much activity. I want to join the club, but I'm hesitant blindly sending funds through paypal

Greetings all! Though I have been a long time lurker of this forum, this is my first post! My wife and I are starting a small farm here in Austin. Currently, we have 4 American Chinchilla rabbits and 14 Silver-Gray Dorkings (and one unknown bonus breed included in our order from Murray McMurray). The ancestry of the Dorking is what really sold me on them. Anyway, I would really appreciate any comments, suggestions, books.... anything when it comes to Dorking husbandry. Really want to establish a strong flock. Also, it would be great to know if there are any others raising Dorking in/around Austin. Thanks in advance!

Greetings all! Though I have been a long time lurker of this forum, this is my first post! My wife and I are starting a small farm here in Austin. Currently, we have 4 American Chinchilla rabbits and 14 Silver-Gray Dorkings (and one unknown bonus breed included in our order from Murray McMurray). The ancestry of the Dorking is what really sold me on them. Anyway, I would really appreciate any comments, suggestions, books.... anything when it comes to Dorking husbandry. Really want to establish a strong flock. Also, it would be great to know if there are any others raising Dorking in/around Austin. Thanks in advance!

Pick up a copy of the Standard of Perfection from the America Poultry Association. The SG Dorkings from McMurray need a lot of work to meet the standard. They are good for learning but a goal would be to partner up with someone with a line that is closer to standard.

They are really wonderful chickens.

wee.gif
One if my pullets is squatting for me!!!! I am ready for eggs.

Back
Top Bottom