B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Hi peeps -- consider my curiosity peeked. If its based on fact and experience, should it be shared publically? If not, please PM me. I'll be at the Knoxville show this weekend and in my germ paranoia will probably wear disposable shoes!
sickbyc.gif

Just got home from the APA Eastern Nationals. (Knoxville) Happy to say I did well.

I got BV (hen) and RV (cockerel) with my colored, RV with a red cockerel and BV/BB with a silver grey pullet.

I don't have pictures yet, but will have them posted soon. There were 12 birds entered all together, if I'm remembering correctly. The other Dorking breeders present were P Allen Smith and Craig Russell.

Not sure who the judge was though. I would have liked to see what he liked/didn't like about the birds he judged.

Just got home from the APA Eastern Nationals. (Knoxville) Happy to say I did well.

I got BV (hen) and RV (cockerel) with my colored, RV with a red cockerel and BV/BB with a silver grey pullet.

I don't have pictures yet, but will have them posted soon. There were 12 birds entered all together, if I'm remembering correctly. The other Dorking breeders present were P Allen Smith and Craig Russell.

Not sure who the judge was though. I would have liked to see what he liked/didn't like about the birds he judged.
Congratulations Karen! Excellent job!!
thumbsup.gif

Thank you. That's a rare sight. I had read the Standard of Perfection color description many times and still was having trouble forming a picture in my mind for the hen. What few pictures I've seen have shown considerable variation. I like the look of your bird. The Standard description seems to call for a darker back as I read it; but overall this may be the closest to matching the Standard that I've seen. I think she looks more like a Dorking than most of the others I've seen as well. Very interesting, thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom