B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Pics
Quote:
Hey Girl! Your boy looks a lot like my boy! Have 2 tawny chicks and 1 dark grey from him so far this year. Setting eggs weekly now at this point. Lots of Reds hatching here too. Who are you getting your RC reds from?

Jen :)

Quote:
Hey Girl! Your boy looks a lot like my boy! Have 2 tawny chicks and 1 dark grey from him so far this year. Setting eggs weekly now at this point. Lots of Reds hatching here too. Who are you getting your RC reds from?

Jen :)

I have an order in with Jeanne Fingar.
fl.gif

well ive been away for 2 wks & i get back & one of my pullets has laid her 1st eggs.
3 in total now i caught her laying yesterday, im soo happy. hopefully the other pullet isnt far away from starting either.
which means winter eggs..
wee.gif

I had a guy just buy up all my oops birds. I got a Coronation Sussex from a lady south of me and put him with my Dorkings. He is only about 5 months old now. I didn't think it'd be an issue cause he was so young but alas, I was wrong... I kept getting the prettiest little yellow turn white chickens with 5 toes. LOL

Anyway, I had a guy that wanted all of them. Perfect for me!
smile.png

Dave

Quote:
Sweet! I would've been tempted to keep a few of them to introduce the lavender gene.
smile.png
But I'm crazy like that!

My SG hatch ended pretty poorly... out of a total of 38 SG eggs, I got 7 chicks. But at least I got 7. So -- I'm going to need more SG eggs or chicks if anyone cares to ship.

I getting ready to set a mixed color batch of Dorking eggs from Mary. Hoping something interesting will hatch!
smile.png
She did an amazing job packing them!!! PO clerk asked if there were Ostriches in there.
lau.gif

I'm down to 6 Colored & 14 White eggs.
fl.gif

Quote:
Yay! I'm so happy for you Raven, you've been waiting a while.
big_smile.png

We've had a cold snap here and all my ladies are on strike.
hmm.png
I'm going to try and improve the lighting situation, I have no power out there but I'm thinking of picking up a bulk box of 10 or 12 solar garden lights. It might look weird but I'm hoping it will give them a bit more light before they go to bed.

I have been meaning to do something about a better winter house and I'll have to get building. DH has given permission to build 3, yes 3 new pens in the veggie garden.
wee.gif

I already have the mesh for hoop houses, concrete rio instead of the cattle panels usually suggested. Each sheet is 6m x 2.4m so... nearly 20' x 8'. Thinking that will make pens around 10' x 8' and high enough for me to walk around in. They will be on skids so I can use them to clear and fertilize the beds before replanting. I'm sure the chickens will love their job.
lol.png

Quote:
Sweet! I would've been tempted to keep a few of them to introduce the lavender gene.
smile.png
But I'm crazy like that!

My SG hatch ended pretty poorly... out of a total of 38 SG eggs, I got 7 chicks. But at least I got 7. So -- I'm going to need more SG eggs or chicks if anyone cares to ship.

I getting ready to set a mixed color batch of Dorking eggs from Mary. Hoping something interesting will hatch!
smile.png
She did an amazing job packing them!!! PO clerk asked if there were Ostriches in there.
lau.gif

I'm down to 6 Colored & 14 White eggs.
fl.gif

Did you have any luck with the ones I sent you? I wonder if you were a victim of the same over zealous X-Rayer in the post office!

Back
Top Bottom