B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Pics
smile.png
I do have a small hatchery here. The only other "hatchery" doesn't actually hatch their own... they order from the big hatcheries to fill orders... and they didn't get chicks this year due to financial difficulties. So, here I am... I've been hatching everything I can since January, and still working on orders and hatching for another month. I have no problems hatching RIRs, BRs, Sexlinks, etc... but my Dorkings seriously needed a shot in the arm, which hopefully they got with many thanks to Jen and Renee.
smile.png
It's just hard, because it's just me doing all this, and I'm tired.....
caf.gif

Quote:
I can't wait... but that's when my "real" work kicks in...
hmm.png
No rest for the wicked.
smile.png

It's nice to know that people really like buying locally raised chicks...

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

smile.png
I do have a small hatchery here. The only other "hatchery" doesn't actually hatch their own... they order from the big hatcheries to fill orders... and they didn't get chicks this year due to financial difficulties. So, here I am... I've been hatching everything I can since January, and still working on orders and hatching for another month. I have no problems hatching RIRs, BRs, Sexlinks, etc... but my Dorkings seriously needed a shot in the arm, which hopefully they got with many thanks to Jen and Renee.
smile.png
It's just hard, because it's just me doing all this, and I'm tired.....
caf.gif

Hugs to you Tori! Don't give up Girlie! Can't wait for DH to plan his next Alaskan adventure so I can come play chickens with you!
hugs.gif
:hugs

Suddenly I don't feel like such a hatching addict, not compared to some of you.
lol.png

My Dorkings are still on strike so thinking my breeding plans are on hold till spring. I want to hatch but with no eggs being laid that's pretty challenging.
hmm.png
It's also getting too cold now, I'm holding some chicks in the brooder that would already be out if it wasn't so cold, wet and windy.

I can't wait to get my first pure bred Dorking chicks hatched!

Quote:
Looks like a Silver Grey to me. Where did you pick up this little cutie? And does he/she have 5 toes?

Yes, he/she has five toes, that is why I started asking what it was and I had one person tell me they were sure it was a Dorking because they raised them. I'm not sure where he came from. I had an order with McMurray and I picked up chicks at TSC and various feed stores in my area.

Here is a picture where you can see its toes:

IMGP3278.jpg

Quote:
Looks like a Silver Grey to me. Where did you pick up this little cutie? And does he/she have 5 toes?

Yes, he/she has five toes, that is why I started asking what it was and I had one person tell me they were sure it was a Dorking because they raised them. I'm not sure where he came from. I had an order with McMurray and I picked up chicks at TSC and various feed stores in my area.

Here is a picture where you can see its toes:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z279/shelleyjoleen/IMGP3278.jpg

Guessing it came from McMurray - as they have probably the BEST SGs of all the hatcheries :) Well done!

Back
Top Bottom