B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Hey Dorking folks
smile.png

My hatching eggs from Mr Hart arrived this morning
wee.gif
They all arrived intact, and will be resting overnight. Super excited to see how the hatch turns out! 12 Colored Dorking eggs and 24 White Dorking eggs!
fl.gif
for a few sports
fl.gif

I am a newbie, so please forgive me if I am in the wrong area to be asking this question.

My Dorkings are just barely 16 wks old and a couple of days ago, I noticed something on the roosters. On the longer of their back toes, they have equidistant lumps running the length of the toe. There are 4-5 of them on the long toe, no discoloration, no raised scales, etc. Is this a normal part of development or do I have a problem looming?

As mentioned, newbie, I really don't know if I can find this exact spot again, so if you have an answer/suggestion, please email me.

Thanks,
Marilyn

I agree. There can be a lot of variation with those toes and it doesn't sound ike a problem.

Thought I'd update on my broody, she is stuck like glue to her nest. I haven't seen her off at all but I know she is getting off to eat and drink so I'm just leaving her alone.
smile.png

My big sleepy eyed SG Dorking Hen makes the best Mother. She stays with them until they are 8 weeks and then one day she drops them like a hot potato.
No chirping or fussing from the chicks at all. She has done her job very well.
thumbsup.gif

Hi there,
I just looked at your blog link... congratulations on your Dorkings! Do the chickens you have NOW lay brown/blue/green eggs? The way I read it the first time, I thought you were saying the Dorkings lay brown blue or green eggs....

Last edited:
Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Hi there,
I just looked at your blog link... congratulations on your Dorkings! Do the chickens you have NOW lay brown/blue/green eggs? The way I read it the first time, I thought you were saying the Dorkings lay brown blue or green eggs....

Thanks!
My chickens now will lay brown or blue/green eggs... so it will be nice that the Dorkings lay white-ish - when I want to collect fertile eggs I will know which ones to grab without separating them from the flock!​

smile.png
Yes, it's nice when the eggs are different.

Well, I was skunked this year, with the exception of eggs/chicks mailed in.
sad.png
157 Dorking eggs set, 0 chicks. *sigh* Here's to hoping next year is better.....

Back
Top Bottom