Babies Day Out - picture heavy

Congratulations! Way too cute! I sure wish I could hatch mine out. I only have 1 acre and no pond here in WI. If I were to hatch any goslings I have no clue as to what I would do with them come winter. I'm too much of a city girl to send them to market! My pair of Toulouse are sitting on 5 eggs now and as much as I hate to I think I'm going to have to pull the eggs and make Easter eggs out of them.
barnie.gif

_Terri

Congratulations! Way too cute! I sure wish I could hatch mine out. I only have 1 acre and no pond here in WI. If I were to hatch any goslings I have no clue as to what I would do with them come winter. I'm too much of a city girl to send them to market! My pair of Toulouse are sitting on 5 eggs now and as much as I hate to I think I'm going to have to pull the eggs and make Easter eggs out of them.
barnie.gif

_Terri

One acre is plenty for a small flock of geese. They don't really need a pond: A kiddie pool or shallow livestock feed/water tub would do so. The only issue is the noise and poop....
roll.png
On the upside, you may never have to mow your lawn during the summer again!

If you can't keep the eggs and let them hatch them....you may consider auctioning them off and making some $$$ from them. That way you can help enable some other poultry/waterfowl addict supply their addiction! Either that, or as you said they would make some awesome Easter Eggs!

Back
Top Bottom