Babies started pipping, I'm in need of distractions!!

OMG, I'm so excited! Have 19 duck eggs in the incubator (along with 10 goose eggs - not as far along) and they've all pipped. 2 externally pipped at the wrong end, 4 have internally and externally pipped, and the rest have internally pipped. All are moving well and cheeping away, so nothing to worry about, but WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG?!?!?!šŸ˜­ Anyway, i thought I'd start a thread so I can post pics when they FINALLY hatch...šŸ˜
The pain is realšŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

I am going to be in this position in about 18 days!!!! I normally hatched chicks and feel those take too long. These ducklings are going to kill me while I wait!!!!!!

What day of incubation did yours pip on? And what day did they start hatching on?

Congrats on the babies!!!! They are too cute!!

I had internal pipping the evening of the 26th day, external morning of 27th day. By end of day 27 I had only 4 external pips. By end of day 28 all eggs had externally pipped. All babies hatched day 30. It was a LONG wait, but all 19 eggs (out of 22 originally) hatched. Last one is finally out of it's shell!šŸ„³

Iā€™m more of a chicken person, but here is a pic of my 11 quails! They are 4 days old

Edit: I forgot the picture! Well, letā€™s just say Iā€™m an amateur film maker and a bird enthusiast for a reasonā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ I bet I wouldnā€™t make it as a scientist šŸ˜†

Attachments

• 81A43EC5-A34D-40A7-BD72-4631D100194B.jpeg
    81A43EC5-A34D-40A7-BD72-4631D100194B.jpeg
    615.6 KB · Views: 9
I had internal pipping the evening of the 26th day, external morning of 27th day. By end of day 27 I had only 4 external pips. By end of day 28 all eggs had externally pipped. All babies hatched day 30. It was a LONG wait, but all 19 eggs (out of 22 originally) hatched. Last one is finally out of it's shell!šŸ„³
Thanks. Gives me a bit of a time frame to work with. That is an amazing hatch rate!!!! I started with a ton of eggs, some I think we're a bit older, but had 22 start developing. One quit right after it started so had 21. Just removed 5 that quit and left 1 I think quit but giving it time and 1 that looked iffy. Hopefully the rest make it.

Iā€™m more of a chicken person, but here is a pic of my 11 quails! They are 4 days old

Edit: I forgot the picture! Well, letā€™s just say Iā€™m an amateur film maker and a bird enthusiast for a reasonā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ I bet I wouldnā€™t make it as a scientist šŸ˜†
Awww they are so cute!!!

Quail are so stinking cute! My oldest wants to get some, but we need to get accommodations ready for them first. Lots of critters around that would like a snack!

Thanks. Gives me a bit of a time frame to work with. That is an amazing hatch rate!!!! I started with a ton of eggs, some I think we're a bit older, but had 22 start developing. One quit right after it started so had 21. Just removed 5 that quit and left 1 I think quit but giving it time and 1 that looked iffy. Hopefully the rest make it.
I followed @pete55 Thread 'Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!' https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed.491013/
Only thing I would do differently next time is not incubate goose and duck eggs together, mostly bc the geese easily have another 3-4 days till hatch and I don't doubt the incubator is gonna get stinky with all the duck goo/dander.

Back
Top Bottom