baby button chick died šŸ˜¢- Hard bum?

little-beep

Songster
Jan 9, 2022
my poor little darling died thru the night for no reason I'm aware of.. found it with it's eyes wide open and it looked like it had collapsed and was laying like a chalk-outline in his brooder with a little beak & claws that were blue.

The older quail chick (separated by a mesh screen) is still fine. Lots of air and room and not too hot.

I did notice yesterday it was crying a lot but it was walking and eating and drinking fine ... it's leg had just straightened out 2 days ago from the club foot. One thing I did notice was that his little bum felt HARD, almost as though there was a growth or cyst in that area ... Has anyone ever heard of something like that?

It was still having poohs though.

I'm still new to the button chick regime and looking to find out what happened if possible

Last edited:
my poor little darling died thru the night for no reason I'm aware of.. found it with it's eyes wide open and it looked like it had collapsed and was laying like a chalk-outline in his brooder with a little beak & claws.

The older quail chick (separated by a mesh screen) is still fine. Lots of air and room and not too hot.

I did notice yesterday it was crying a lot but it was walking and eating and drinking fine ... it's leg had just straightened out 2 days ago from the club foot. One thing I did notice was that his little bum felt HARD, almost as though there was a growth or cyst in that area ... Has anyone ever heard of something like that?

It was still having poohs though.

I'm still new to the button chick regime and looking to find out what happened if possible
Iā€™m sorry for the loss.

@Wyorp Rock @azygous

R.I.P. wee Olive ...

OLIVE baby button quail 3 days old.JPG

Back
Top Bottom