Baby buttons! pictures to ooggle at!

xchairity_casex

Songster
8 Years
Feb 5, 2011
had a great hatch out of 12 button eggs i had 8 hatch all big and healthy! im absolutly LOVEING this abtch they are sooo quite! seriously they NEVER peep! the first morning i woke up i freaked out becuase i expected to look in the brooder and find them all dead they are so quite and calm and colorful! boy did i get some beautiful babies!
i got 2 pieds
1 tuxedo
1 silver or cinnamon pied not sure yet
2 cinnamons
1 blue faced
and 1 red brested or what i think will be a redbreasted its black and yellow like a little bumble bee so cute
well like i promised hers the pics of my quite beautiful babies!

this is the one im unsure if its silver or cinnamon

theres no oragne stripes down the back and when it first hatched i thought it was white but its since darkend a bit.

you can see the little pieds with the yellow wing tips too cute!

my babys are now 3 days old and already the pin feathers on there wing tips have come in! they grow so darn fast!

Last edited:
I am so jealous of you!!! I have been looking for at least a month for button quail and the closest I have found them is a 1 1/2 hour drive! Even those are the regular wild color so i'm looking for a second pair of a pretty color (the closest ones i've found are 2 1/2 hours away!)
barnie.gif

Anyway have fun with them! They are so adorable!

poultryqueen if you have an incubator why not buy some hatching eggs from quiallady or shelleydove?
i got my first eggs from quaillady these chicks are 3rd generation from those birds not including these babies here ive got 7 pairs and 2 bacholor males.
also i know quail lady sells colored pairs white pairs,cinnamon pairs,splashed pairs maybe order some from her?

also ive set another batch of eggs the day the last chick hatchd from this batch 8 more eggs from my
white male/red breasted female
white male/pied female
and tuxedo male/red breasted female

so hopefully get somemore colorful babies!

Back
Top Bottom