Baby Cardinal at My Window (Pics)

TipsyDog

Songster
10 Years
May 14, 2009
Aregua, Paraguay
Today at my dining room window there was a baby cardinal sitting at the glass. I have vines growing on the outside of the house, so he was directly up against the glass and I got a couple of pics. Mom and Dad were quite angry with me and the little one jumped off to the bushes where his parents quickly looked him over.

I got these pics through the pane and he's adorable!
love.gif

P.S. - I'm sure this is their second hatching this year. Do cardinals hatch more than once a year? Anyone know?

31358_cardinal_baby_chick_012.jpg

31358_cardinal_baby_chick_008.jpg

31358_cardinal_baby_chick_006.jpg

We are a certified wildlife habitat, but cardinals are still a mystery to me. I swear though, that they have 2, maybe 3 hatches each year.

Thanks for the great pics!
big_smile.png

OK, so I'm not crazy! I'm sure this is their second hatch. I have the same cardinal pair around here for a few years and they have me trained. Dad even taps my window in the winter cause he wants me to put seed out.

Wish I had the camera in hand this morning when the BEAR walk right past my back door. He stopped at the Coop and sniffed, but kept going (thank God)!

Quote:
They don't turn red until they are older. Chicks all look this color, at least the ones I've seen.

(Glad I had cleaned the windows not long ago!)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom