Baby chick acting weird

Welcome to BYC, btw. :frowI have heard that videos have been having trouble uploading recently. You can post the video at another site, like youtube or whatever you like to use, then post a link here. Hope your chick is okay!

Welcome to BYC, btw. :frowI have heard that videos have been having trouble uploading recently. You can post the video at another site, like youtube or whatever you like to use, then post a link here. Hope your chick is okay!
Ohh that's why I can't upload it even though I tried it multiple times. Thank you so much for telling me!

No, that is not normal. Does she eat, drink and run around at all? I would get some sort of chick electrolyte solution into her. You can even make your own or use gatorade in a pinch, but the local feed store should have something specially formulated.

Are her droppings looking normal? Any blood? Butt is clear?

No, that is not normal. Does she eat, drink and run around at all? I would get some sort of chick electrolyte solution into her. You can even make your own or use gatorade in a pinch, but the local feed store should have something specially formulated.

Are her droppings looking normal? Any blood? Butt is clear?
She does eat and drink well and run around but she doesn't looks stable while standing/ walking also her dropping are normal no blood at all. butt is also clear.

Any of these below should work, but here is a homemade recipe, too.

https://www.communitychickens.com/homemade-electrolytes-for-chickens/

If these don't perk her up you may want to try to treat for coccidiosis. Usually you will see blood in the droppings, but not always. Does she ever stand there looking fluffed up like she is cold?

I am also sorry for the fuss, but do you think you could post a video of her running or standing around? That may help someone to hook onto something they have seen before. Being unsteady is normal when they are days old, but any older than that they should be good on her feet.

1686328650258.png
1686328677505.png
1686328695820.png
1686328823623.png

Any of these below should work, but here is a homemade recipe, too.

https://www.communitychickens.com/homemade-electrolytes-for-chickens/

If these don't perk her up you may want to try to treat for coccidiosis. Usually you will see blood in the droppings, but not always. Does she ever stand there looking fluffed up like she is cold?

I am also sorry for the fuss, but do you think you could post a video of her running or standing around? That may help someone to hook onto something they have seen before. Being unsteady is normal when they are days old, but any older than that they should be good on her feet.

View attachment 3535294View attachment 3535295View attachment 3535297 View attachment 3535298
Thank you so much
For the video that you requested, I'm afraid I can't show it yet because I'm at another city and will be here for the next 2 day.I'll post the video as soon as I get back

Thank you so much
For the video that you requested, I'm afraid I can't show it yet because I'm at another city and will be here for the next 2 day.I'll post the video as soon as I get back
Sure thing. Hopefully she'll be fine, but don't beat yourself up if she doesn't make it. It is extremely common, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom