Baby chick at risk of dying?

Eric Chong

Hatching
Jun 17, 2021
So I got this little chick that is very sleepy and won't eat nor drink, she was fine until I noticed yesterday that she wasn't eating at all, I tried to hand feed coocked rice and she did eat but only a little. She spends most of her time sleeping in a dark place.

I'm worried that I might lose her because I had a baby chick months ago with the same issue, that died because of worms since I witnessed a tiny worm hanging from her butt.

Overall, I have checked her droppings but couldn't find any worms or parasites but I may have not looked closely enough.

What should I do? 😭

So I got this little chick that is very sleepy and won't eat nor drink, she was fine until I noticed yesterday that she wasn't eating at all, I tried to hand feed coocked rice and she did eat but only a little. She spends most of her time sleeping in a dark place.

I'm worried that I might lose her because I had a baby chick months ago with the same issue, that died because of worms since I witnessed a tiny worm hanging from her butt.

Overall, I have checked her droppings but couldn't find any worms or parasites but I may have not looked closely enough.

What should I do? 😭

Do you have anything like sav-a-chick or nutridrench? I'd give some of that in the water. If not, some sugar water can give them a little boost, but it's nowhere near as good. Make the water warm especially if they're real young so it doesn't chill them. Try to feed scrambled eggs. If they don't want it, try mixing it with some of their feed.

I don't have any probiotics right now but I will see if my local stores have them and sure I will try giving scrambled eggs and sweat water.

Do you recommend anything against worms though, in case worms are the issue of this?

Thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom