Baby Chick Guessing Game!! New Pics pg 2, post 14

Quote:
yes, with that said about EE's, you can tell if they are EE's if they have pea combs, d'anvers also have beards but they have rose combs. So dependent on what they have for combs......pea will have little bumps(still rather flat) and rose will look real smooth...

New Pictures of a few of the chicks. I forgot to include my feather footed baby the other day. I am just going to assume until I discover otherwise that my muffed looking chicks are Easter Eggers, but wanted to post a few more pictures of ones I am still curious about just as growing pictures. A HUGE thanks to everyone who has replied thus far !!! I am learning a lot and hope to continue to learn by reading/using the forums !
OH! and if it helps I believe the local TSC gets their chicks from Ideal. . . . . I have tried looking at their chicks they sell on their website to not much luck.

Feather Footed Bantam Chick Whole Body Shot ( i'm not sure really on breed or possible color even
hmm.png
)

DSCF4003.jpg

Sorry this isn't the best comb shot but my newbie guess would be that it looks like a single comb?

DSCF4005.jpg

And here is another head shot of the feather footed bantam baby

DSCF4008.jpg

And a close up of it's wing feathers that are coming in

DSCF4004.jpg

Here is a picture of the Penguin Chick's Comb, also a bantam (think it's name is going to be Kowalski after one of the penguins in Madagascar) I think maybe it is a pea comb? not sure I can see any ridges yet tho . . .

DSCF4017.jpg

And a shot of the bantam penguin chick's wing feathers coming in, they all appear to be black

DSCF4018.jpg

Here is a comb shot of the yellow bantam chick someone identified as a possible Silver Laced Seabright?

DSCF4018.jpg

And I think silver laced seabright may be correct looking at the feathering coloration in this picture

DSCF4024.jpg

Okay, last one of the 10 that I have a question on at the moment was the red chick I got out of the bin assuming it was perhaps a Rhode Island Red, seeing as that was one of the only breeds the man at the TSC seemd to know they got in. Here is a body shot

DSCF4104.jpg

Here is a pic of the red one's comb

DSCF4108.jpg

Here is a shot of it's wing extended

DSCF4111.jpg

and one more picture of it from the side where you can see the wing feather markings coming in

DSCF4113.jpg

Okay everyone, any replies are GREATLY appreciated
smile.png
I guess it can be seen as a game?? haha
smile.png
Hope everyone is enjoying the spring time / baby season
smile.png
I know I am, newly obsessed and all !!

the feather footed bantam, my guess would be a partridge cochin...
as far as the penquin, looks like possibly a rose comb, which would make my guess a black rose comb, Ideal has them, check it out...
the last chick looks like a RIR to me
hmm.png
but not a breed I am certain on...

Okay, I am putting a few updated pictures of a few of the chickens I am curious about because I am not totally sure what they might be. The Easter Eggers I know will come in many different colors and patterns but a few of these others still have me stumped. Here are a few of the updated pictures.

Feather Footed Bantam, possible Partridge Cochin was previous guess

DSCF4398.jpg

DSCF4397.jpg

DSCF4405.jpg

The little Penguin Looking Bantam, now named Kowalski after one of the penguins in Madagascar. I don't know how well you can tell in the second picture of it's wing but some of the feathers are starting to get a slight brown edge to them

DSCF4372.jpg

DSCF4382.jpg

Larger Black Chick, on the pic of it's wing I am not sure if it shows or not but the last feather or two are white. It was thought at first maybe Black Australorp? Do they get white feathers on their wing tips?

DSCF4353.jpg

DSCF4344.jpg

DSCF4354.jpg

This one came out of a straight run assorted reds bin. I thought at first maybe it was a RIR or production red, something, but the wing feather coloring is now starting to confuse me. I am still new to chickens tho

DSCF4333.jpg

DSCF4340.jpg

This one also came out of the assorted reds bin, it is a bit more blonde tho. I thought at first it's wings were coming in white but they tend to have a blonde tint to them

DSCF4326.jpg

DSCF4332.jpg

And I wasn't going to include this one but I am curious. This one came out of the assorted pullet bin that I got 2 of the EE looking chicks out of, but it does not have the muffs like the others have and I did not know if it would still be considered an EE chick or if it is another breed.

DSCF4356.jpg

DSCF4362.jpg

DSCF4363.jpg

Thanks again for any replies !! I know trying to tell breeds at such a young age is difficult but I am trying to learn and am just overly curious. Thanks again to everyone !! I figure in a few weeks I will be trying to tell how many of my new chicks are roos, and then if I will have to attempt to rehome any if I end up with more than 3.

Thanks again guys !!!! And Happy Easter !!!!

Oh yes, I forgot to add that Kowalski's comb seems smooth and then has a one very small lump/point towards the very back. Is this possibly a rose comb? I don't think I have a very good picture of it but I can try and get one for clarification's sake. Thanks again guys !!!!!

Duh, Kowalski is the penguin looking bantam, clean legged.

Back
Top Bottom