baby chick just hatched.

mommaof4boys

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 22, 2013
Just had my third chick hatch:) the first two did great hatching at 21 days. The third hatching at 24 days. He has a loud strong chirp but is still connected to the egg by his bottom. He is struggling to stand up but cant. The whole yolk was absorbed but its slightly bloody where he is attached. Do I just let him be?. He seems to be very sleepy :p

How long has it been since he has bees stuck to only that peice of shell? And is it hard shell or just the soft liner?

Last edited:
Hello,

One of mine hatched like that this morning. I decided to leave it alone for a couple of hours. It's not attached anymore and beginning to hop around and dry. Give it a little bit and see. I still have 8 more eggs left to hatch and today is day 22. I now have incubator eyes
droolin.gif

What I would do is leave it. If it goes like more than 5 to 6 hours then If it's a hard shell then take a paint brush and get some hot water. Dip the paint brush in the water and wet the shell and take tweezers and start remaking the shell a little by little. Then just leave it. If its the soft liner then maybe take some manicure sissors and cut off just the dry stuff on the outside. Then keep doing that every time the outside gets dry cut off the outside. Keep it in there :) good luck :) keep us updated!!

Back
Top Bottom