Baby Chick Not Standing Up

autumnbee17

Chirping
Jan 6, 2017
Colorado
I have a baby chick that is not standing up and I have isolated her from the rest of the flock. I gave her tuna water thinking it was a vitamin deficiency, but when I went to my local feed store to pick up some vitamins medicine she got extremely worse. She would not like to lay on either sides and only on her back. Also have her feet out straight and hated being touched when I tried to help her move to a more comfortable position. Then she would go in-between consciousness and out, when she was unconscious she would be like that for 30 minutes or a couple minutes. She also started to shake really bad and would slowly fall unconscious. I do not know why all of a sudden this happened to her, just to night before she was running around with her siblings and having the time of her life. Any ideas on what disease or illness this might be? Trying to protect the rest of her flock.

How old are they and where did you get the chicks?
If you could take video of the chick,
upload to youtube or vimeo and link here,
it would help immensely.

How old are they and where did you get the chicks?
If you could take video of the chick,
upload to youtube or vimeo and link here,
it would help immensely.

The chicks are between the ages of 5 weeks and 7 weeks old. The breeds are lavender and black orpingtons and one silkie (who never gets picked on). I will upload a video when I am able to get home in a little bit.

Are the chicks able to go outside, and could it have possibly gotten pecked in the head or eaten something bad? Were they vaccinated for Mareks? Is there any runny droppings where coccidiosis might be a problem? I would give a few drops of Poultry Cell or NutriDrench daily and get it drinking and eating some wet feed or cooked egg.

Back
Top Bottom