Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by HorseCrazyy, Jun 30, 2012.

1. piggirl19

piggirl19 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2013
    IN PET LAND! :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My new baby Americana pullets:) Any suggestions on names:) and if u know the colors let me know what they are haha don't know them :)

2. JaceAgain

JaceAgain Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2014
    Coastal NC
    How can you tell?

3. Craftygirl

Craftygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2013
    Nebraska
    I had time to look at chick pics today and all the Wyandottes have yellow legs. so I do think the colorful one is an Ameracauna more gray/green feet and legs. Still out on the black chick. :)

4. ArtGirl

ArtGirl Chicken crazy

The bottom one looks like my Plymouth Bard Rock as a chick.(My avatar) The striped on looks like a easter egger.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  5. jimmywalt

jimmywalt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2013
    For any of you that are new to chickens (I don't mean to go "off topic"), but cleaning dirty water quickly will be a pain in the rear. Instead you can take a water bottle and make a "nipple waterer". You can get these nipples off Ebay for about $2 for 5, then just find a water bottle and hang it in your brooder. Make a hole in the bottom so air gets in and doesn't form an air-lock, show the chicks how to use it by flicking the sliver tip and they will catch on fast. You won't have any more dirty water! I learned this the hard way last year when I started raising chickens.

Second picture shows the air hole circled in black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This things below are terrible. They fill with bedding and chick droppings all the time and need to be changed a couple times a day. Don't waste your money on them.

[​IMG]

6. misbhaven

misbhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2014
    I agree i have a two liter bottle one in with my 5 week olds, and a regular chick waterer but they are in a pullet palace a homemade multilevel small animal cage simialr to a ferret cage got two of them for $20 ...the younger chicks and duckling have from a peice of plywood to a brick under the chick waters to make them chest high ..plywood for banties brick for meaties, 2x4 pieces for regular LF...raising the food and water up helps regardless...cleaning poopy water gets old real fast ....and if you have meaties remember not to have food availble 24hrs a day after the first week always water but not food they will get to heavy to quick and their legs can't keep up...

7. neecy911

neecy911 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2014
    Chico (No.Cal)
    Someone needed a bootie bath...all cuddled up in her towel. LOVED the hairdryer...[​IMG]

8. piggirl19

Sep 24, 2013
    They are all supposed to be Americana's.,. I got them at orschelens... I just need the colors that they r

9. Nevaschickens

Nevaschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2013
    Florida
    If they came from a feed store they most likely came from a hatchery. They call them Ameraucana's but they are actually EE's.

10. piggirl19

Sep 24, 2013
    Way is the difference between them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by