Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by HorseCrazyy, Jun 30, 2012.

1. PrairieChickens

PrairieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Kansas
    a bantam chick will be distinctly smaller than a standard chick. All of my bantams are about half of the size of a standard of the same age. Did your brahmas look to be the same size as the other chicks that were there?

2. chickenlver2013

chickenlver2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah they were the same size as 6 Speckled Sussex and 2 Cornish Rock I bought with them.

3. PrairieChickens

Jun 29, 2012
    Kansas
    Then you've got a couple of standards :) I don't have a side-by-side photo or I'd show you, but bantams are itty-bitty as chicks compared to standards. My OEGB hen Pipsqueak would climb through the holes of the chick feeder and scratch inside of it when she was a baby.

4. GreenSoul

GreenSoul Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2014
    Can you or anyone else tell me what kind of chickens the darker ones are? Those look just like the little babies we got last week.

5. chickenlver2013

Ok so we are good because they were pretty big when I got them and they were 2 days old

6. PrairieChickens

Jun 29, 2012
    Kansas
    I'm jealous. I want some Brahmas. XD Then again, I want everything!

7. chickenlver2013

Bahahaha that's so me! I try to limit myself and then when it comes chick season I tell myself I don't need them I have enough chickens and then I get myself convince that a few more wouldn't hurt so I end up with a bunch.

8. misbhaven

misbhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2014
    to give people an Idea on bantam sized chicks and how quick any grow...I have 25 bantams almost a month old and one week old large fowl EE chicks are the same size...about the size of sparrows. The bantam some started out with bodies quarter sized to half dollar sized at 3 days old. I will be hatching somenext month I will take some pictures of day olds and post.
    The 3 1/2 week SLW are the size of robins, and the white rocks are the size of doves...the meaties are meaties sized ,,about the size of a 3 lb butter tub with legs...
    So this is what have i for brooders currently 2, 5 ft wading pools one for meaties,1 for ducks both stay in unless they see me bringing food they jump out then right back in.. 1 full sized ferret cage almost 5 ft high ..I large indoor rabbit cage guinea pig type just the very large one...2, 40 gallon totes, 1, 20 gallon tote. as they get older you might expect to keep 4-5 large fowl in a rubbermaid tub. Plan ahead for more space because the chicks grow very fast...

9. Jaybeetee

Jaybeetee Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2014
    Maine
    Awww all of you chick pics are ADORABLE! I have 8 eggs under a broody mom right now, supposed to hatch on the 31! SOOOO EXITED! I really hope all 7 of them hatch!:fl

10. Jaybeetee

Jaybeetee Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2014
    Maine
    I will also need help when they do hatch. The daddy was an EE but i have NOOOOOO idea who the mom was! We have 5 other breeds they could be! NHR, BR, BO, LORP, SLW, and JG!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by