Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

gave the chicks some lettuce as a treat also there very skiddish of me lately anyone know why

Has anyone else went chick crazy this spring besides me? I have went totally crazy. I hatched 8 Easter Eggers sadly one died. 2 Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks, 1 Silver Grey Dorking, 3 White Leghorns, one died also. 11 Dominiques, 1 ended up dying. Then I went to Tractor Supply to order 5 Golden Lakenvelders, and 20 Plymouth Rocks. I got to thinking to myself, 25 more chicks is a lot. So instead I brought home 6 Speckled Sussex, 2 Buff Brahmas, and2 Cornish Rocks. And my Old English Game hen has decided to be a mother. I noticed she went missing one day and found her a couple days later in the nest box. She had herself hidden. So now, I'm going to have 8 more chicks. I'm going to have chicks coming out the wahoo. I'm going to keep the girls though.
My husband bought me an incubator for my birthday. Since January, we've gone from 45 chickens to 102.

gave the chicks some lettuce as a treat also there very skiddish of me lately anyone know why
It seems to me that chicks go through a phase where they are just skittish about everything. I think it's a defense mechanism to help protect them from danger as they start exploring their world. Even my super-duper-lovey-dovey chicks that I hatched myself are acting a little nervous around me lately. After I've sat with them a bit, they relax and go back to jumping onto my head and attacking my ponytail like usual again.

Just take your time with your babes and be patient with them. They'll learn to trust you. :)

I was just thinking till i got to the last page ow cute all of the babies are but i didn't see any that looked like mine. woodsman do you know what kind yours are? Our ten babies look like your darker ones. We are so excited to be starting a flock for the first time but i would live to know what kind we have!

Back
Top Bottom