Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by HorseCrazyy, Jun 30, 2012.

1. chickenlver2013

chickenlver2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

I just love chickens you know. I don't know what it is about them that makes me so "obsessed" with them.

2. clueless chic

clueless chic Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2014
    NE Arkansas
    They are almost 5 weeks old.

3. cwhite159

cwhite159 New Egg

Mar 19, 2014
    [​IMG] gave the chicks some lettuce as a treat also there very skiddish of me lately anyone know why

4. PrairieChickens

PrairieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Kansas
    My husband bought me an incubator for my birthday. Since January, we've gone from 45 chickens to 102.

5. PrairieChickens

PrairieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Kansas
    It seems to me that chicks go through a phase where they are just skittish about everything. I think it's a defense mechanism to help protect them from danger as they start exploring their world. Even my super-duper-lovey-dovey chicks that I hatched myself are acting a little nervous around me lately. After I've sat with them a bit, they relax and go back to jumping onto my head and attacking my ponytail like usual again.

Just take your time with your babes and be patient with them. They'll learn to trust you. :)

6. valleychicks

valleychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

I have found a great source of information about chicks and raising chickens on this site. http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/p/chicken-resources-directory.html
    Hope this helps!

7. woodsman23

woodsman23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. GreenSoul

GreenSoul Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2014
    I was just thinking till i got to the last page ow cute all of the babies are but i didn't see any that looked like mine. woodsman do you know what kind yours are? Our ten babies look like your darker ones. We are so excited to be starting a flock for the first time but i would live to know what kind we have!

9. kpsocalchicks89

kpsocalchicks89 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2013
    Yucaipa, ca
    Our broody hatched Her first baby last night we're very excited an she is already a good momma!
    [​IMG]

10. chickenlver2013

chickenlver2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a question. I bought 2 Buff Brahmas at Tractor Supply. Are they standard or bantam variety? Is there a way you can tell?

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by