Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

All my babies! Girls and boys! They are growing so fast!

I am confused on the EE. What does that stand for ? Easter egger? I had a chicken that laid green eggs and she had the fluff around her eyes. I thought Americanas and EE were the same thing.

If you're looking for different colored eggs, you're looking for an Easter Egger. If someone sells you an Ameracauna (or Araucana) that lays any color other than blue then they're are being deceptive or lack knowledge of the breed.

This is hypothetical but suppose you buy some Ameracaunas from someone because you like pretty eggs. They lay pink and blue and green and so on eggs and then you fall in love with the breed and then decide to breed them. You're not going to be able to sell multi-colored eggs laying Ameracaunas to a knowledgeable person as purebreds. This is a good reason why you should know the difference.

If you don't care about purebred birds then it's no big deal but, at the very least, it doesn't hurt you to know the difference.

If you're looking for different colored eggs, you're looking for an Easter Egger.  If someone sells you an Ameracauna (or Araucana) that lays any color other than blue then they're are being deceptive or lack knowledge of the breed.

This is hypothetical but suppose you buy some Ameracaunas from someone because you like pretty eggs.  They lay pink and blue and green and so on eggs and then you fall in love with the breed and then decide to breed them.  You're not going to be able to sell multi-colored eggs laying Ameracaunas to a knowledgeable person as purebreds.  This is a good reason why you should know the difference.

If you don't care about purebred birds then it's no big deal but, at the very least, it doesn't hurt you to know the difference.
Thank you ya my chicken I was told was an americauna but she laid green eggs and I had no idea. She quit laying for 3 monts then one day I found her dead in the nesting box. I don't know if she was egg bound or not so sad she was pretty anyway but I was just wondering cuz I was thinking about getting another one

Has anyone else went chick crazy this spring besides me? I have went totally crazy. I hatched 8 Easter Eggers sadly one died. 2 Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks, 1 Silver Grey Dorking, 3 White Leghorns, one died also. 11 Dominiques, 1 ended up dying. Then I went to Tractor Supply to order 5 Golden Lakenvelders, and 20 Plymouth Rocks. I got to thinking to myself, 25 more chicks is a lot. So instead I brought home 6 Speckled Sussex, 2 Buff Brahmas, and2 Cornish Rocks. And my Old English Game hen has decided to be a mother. I noticed she went missing one day and found her a couple days later in the nest box. She had herself hidden. So now, I'm going to have 8 more chicks. I'm going to have chicks coming out the wahoo. I'm going to keep the girls though.

Has anyone else went chick crazy this spring besides me? I have went totally crazy. I hatched 8 Easter Eggers sadly one died. 2 Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks, 1 Silver Grey Dorking, 3 White Leghorns, one died also. 11 Dominiques, 1 ended up dying. Then I went to Tractor Supply to order 5 Golden Lakenvelders, and 20 Plymouth Rocks. I got to thinking to myself, 25 more chicks is a lot. So instead I brought home 6 Speckled Sussex, 2 Buff Brahmas, and2 Cornish Rocks. And my Old English Game hen has decided to be a mother. I noticed she went missing one day and found her a couple days later in the nest box. She had herself hidden. So now, I'm going to have 8 more chicks. I'm going to have chicks coming out the wahoo. I'm going to keep the girls though.

We ended up with 24 chicks!
lol.png
We only want about half of that, so will be picking out who we want to keep when old enough to determine gender. lol

One of the buffs and the new ee(i think) is super friendly! (the ones I posted pics of )

Back
Top Bottom