Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

how can you tell the gender early on , like the 3rd day. I heard at tractor supply co. they hold them by the head and if it fights back its a rooster and if it just sits there its a hen

0.jpg
the vid i saw

That's not how Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs saw it done at a hatchery. I'm not sure I would trust some random TSC employee....... That guy might have worked at McDonalds the week before!

Holding them by the neck to sex them is an old wive's tale. The only accurate way to sex most chicks is to vent sex them within 48 hours of hatching, and that requires training and practice. Some breeds can be feather sexed, but not all.

Holding them by the neck to sex them is an old wive's tale. The only accurate way to sex most chicks is to vent sex them within 48 hours of hatching, and that requires training and practice. Some breeds can be feather sexed, but not all.
Do you know if Speckled Sussex can be feather sexed? I have two that I got from TSC that were supposed to be straight run SLWs and their feathers look totally different from the for sure pullets I have in other breeds. Or do you know where I can find this info on BYC?

Back
Top Bottom