Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Does that one chick have green legs aren't game chickens supposed to have yellow skin? Anyway here is some double cuteness...

Month old turkey poults blanketed by 5 day old chicks...

I was afraid the older turkeys might squish the tiny chicks, but they seem to love being on the bottom of the pile...

They are so cute! A very cool breed, from what I've read. I'd like to get some eventually.

They are a great breed however I don't recommend having lots at once, because you need to spend time with them or they go wild. We spend time daily with ours, and they will come right up and hop on our hands. They come when we call them, and when we snap our fingers. Iam lucky to only have the 2. Had all 30+ eggs of hatched out, then I would have had tons of wild ones. I had these eggs sent to me. We had 3 hatch out and 1 was to early so passed away.

Does that one chick have green legs aren't game chickens supposed to have yellow skin? Anyway here is some double cuteness...

Month old turkey poults blanketed by 5 day old chicks...

I was afraid the older turkeys might squish the tiny chicks, but they seem to love being on the bottom of the pile...

No some games have dark legs and feet. I have one with dark and one with yellow.

Hmm. Didn't know that. I had a guy want to trade me some game chickens last year for some turkeys, but I like roosters too much to keep game chickens. From what I hear you can't have a whole lot of game cocks without running into some trouble...is that true. I really know nothing about them

Hmm. Didn't know that. I had a guy want to trade me some game chickens last year for some turkeys, but I like roosters too much to keep game chickens. From what I hear you can't have a whole lot of game cocks without running into some trouble...is that true. I really know nothing about them

Yeah they will fight with each other. They also will fly. They are pretty much a wild bird, rather then tame. When these get bigger we have built a pen with a roof on it just for them, it also has tons of high roosts for them. They say that even the hens will fight sometimes. This is why you want to tame them when they are little to be handled.

The one thing that I enjoy about games is the talk they do. They talk to each other. It's like a chattering noise. My game rooster I took in, he does it all the time. He is in a big dog kennel, and he will talk and talk when you walk over to him.

Back
Top Bottom