Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Girls first steps outside!!

Can't tell if she's a he (above and below). Comb is bigger than others and it seems to be turning a little red!

We took our chickies outside for the first time today. It's crazy how quickly they're growing up! We've had them all 2 weeks - bought from a feed store, so I'm assuming they're about 3 weeks old give or take.

They played follow the leader with my husband and daughter :) It was the sweetest thing!
love.gif
AW! Thats what my chick (Baby) does. :)

We took our chickies outside for the first time today. It's crazy how quickly they're growing up! We've had them all 2 weeks - bought from a feed store, so I'm assuming they're about 3 weeks old give or take. They played follow the leader with my husband and daughter :) It was the sweetest thing! :love
That is super cute!

I have a few Buff Orpington chickens within my family. One of the chickens, Baby, is specifically mine. We are only allowed to have hens not roosters and I am beyond terrified that my chick is a rooster because if she is a rooster I have to get rid of her. She is only 3 weeks old right now which is why it is hard to tell but maybe someone has some advice or tips or maybe you flat out can tell. Is she a hen or a rooster?

I am begging you, please help me! I love this little girl/boy with all my heart!
Thank you!
Kassidy, Chickenbaby9194

Chickenbaby9194, it's too soon to tell. If you bought your chick from a hatchery (or a feed store that bought from a hatchery) and it was sexed as a pullet, you shouldn't worry. They are right at least 90% of the time. There is nothing roosterish about your chick at this point.

We brought home nine chicks last week and I thought I would share! Five are one week old and four are two weeks:

Turkey - she/he is a Black Copper Marans, but is sort of an unusual color??

Tux, another Black Copper Marans

Spotty, Dotty, and Beatrice - Gold Laced Wyandottes

Foxy, a buff/blue Orpington cross

Luna, blue Orpington

Midnight, black sex-link

Wallace, Splash Orpington. We are 99.9% sure this guy is a rooster by all of his constant ridiculous posturing ;)

Awww!! How are you guys getting such good chick pictures? We got our babies Saturday, and they had only arrived from the hatchery on Friday, so I'm assuming they're about 6 days old today. Our babies are still pretty afraid of people, so I've been leaving them alone. However, we do have a handy dandy chick cam, also known as The Peep Show. Hubby installed a webcam in their pen so I can spy on them at will. It's pretty ridiculous how much fun they are to watch.

And the individual babies: Lacy, a Gold Laced Wyandotte, Gwendolyn, a Salmon Faverolle, Nyssa, a Black Australorp, and Matilda, a Speckled Sussex.

Back
Top Bottom