Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

At what age do you raise the water up higher so it stays cleaner?

I just raised to be neck high as they grew.

I had mine on a 1" board the first day. I raised it the first week to a 2x4 and now I have them hanging 5" up. Hanging them was the best yet. I never have to clean out the waterer anymore...Just wash it frequently and refill.

When they 'scratch' in their bedding it will fly right into the waterer so keeping it clean is a must.

less to do with age rather size...keeping food and water at chest height reduces stuff in it and mess, and waste for any chicken big or small..bantams chicks i just added a piece of plywood under their water, at about two weeks the large fowl get 2x4 blocks under their food and water... my 4 week old meaties have a concrete block under theirs..

Last edited:
Speckled sussex close "Love" because love is a many speckled hen. and Ameraucana "June"

this is Hazel golden laced wyandotte

Barred rock Bonnie

Annie the blue andelusian

Blue andelusian

Another pic of June the Ameraucana

Oh what a cute chick! What does her back look like? Mine is (was) more gray, dark brown and light brown. I got her out of a rare assortment. She looked like a squirrel mouse mix. LOL

I have newer pics of my chicks but need to upload them.

Edited to say: I just looked at chicks in the Golden Campine thread and I believe you are without a doubt correct about my chick. They grow into a beautiful chicken! YAY

Mine is grey black brown too. Here is a pic of my slw and glw I kinda ordered one female of everything meyers carries (18 different breeds). Lol.

Mine is grey black brown too. Here is a pic of my slw and glw I kinda ordered one female of everything meyers carries (18 different breeds). Lol.

Is the GLW on the right? That is what mine looked like when I first got her. What gave her away was her comb. It's a rose comb. I was elated to find out she was a GLW.

I wanted just a few brown egg layers when I first started thinking about chickens. My daughter sent me a picture of a SLW sitting on a quilt on someones sofa and I was instantly in love with them! I still don't have one but am looking for one. My GLW is named Goldie and my SLW when I get her will be Sylvia. I don't want to order now because I already have 6 chickens and one more will fit but I'd have to increase my coop somehow if I want more. So... I have to restrain myself. LOL

I will finish processing my pictures later so you can see what they look like in a couple weeks growth. and 4 of mine are now almost 5 weeks old. Gosh time 'flys' LOL

I couldn't tell at that age which was golden and which was silver but at now 3 weeks their feathers are coming in so Saca (the silver) and Pokie (the gold) are distinctly different. My campine is named Goldie. :). They certainly do grow fast.

My chicks were attached to their brooder today and the shade. Had to hide the brooder and throw them in the dirt. I think they really liked the dirt. 2 Ameraucanas, 2 RIR, 2 BR, 2 BSL,

I couldn't tell at that age which was golden and which was silver but at now 3 weeks their feathers are coming in so Saca (the silver) and Pokie (the gold) are distinctly different. My campine is named Goldie. :). They certainly do grow fast.

I got my GLW on March 7th and they just got them that morning so she must have hatched on the 5th I figure. So she's almost 3 weeks. Ours must be very near the same age.

Back
Top Bottom