Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Does anyone else get heartbroken when they are told that they couldn't have anymore chickens?? My grandpa told me that I couldn't have anymore because I had reach the limit. I have 51 and I plan to get rid of the 8 roosters I have. But what is hard about getting rid of them is some I have hatched and 2 I found as chicks in the pouring rain with their mother nowhere to be found. So, you know. I'm thinking about just keeping three roosters.
sad.png
No one tells me I can't have any more chickens. I pay for them, and I take care of them. I build them a bigger run if it's needed. While I do still live with my mother at 22 years old, I help pay bills and take care of my own animals. As long as she doesn't have to take care of them, she doesn't care how many I have. Plus she figures it'll keep me occupied. She's even paying for two Jungle Fowl I'm getting (I'm getting four, but they're $10 each).

My papaw is an an army man if that explains anything. Boy does he get hateful but I love the man. I pay for them also but what made him say I couldn't have anymore is because he got mad at the ducks for pooing everywhere. He said that's it I'm done! No more! So now we are building a run for them.
No one tells me I can't have any more chickens. I pay for them, and I take care of them. I build them a bigger run if it's needed. While I do still live with my mother at 22 years old, I help pay bills and take care of my own animals. As long as she doesn't have to take care of them, she doesn't care how many I have. Plus she figures it'll keep me occupied. She's even paying for two Jungle Fowl I'm getting (I'm getting four, but they're $10 each).

Is anyone else really glad, after 3 weeks, when they finally stop peeping and go to sleep at night?
We don't use heat lamp for our chickies. They are being raised by the floor board heating. That way we can just turn the bathroom light off at night and they settle down just fine. All of them are doing just fine. We did have 1 with pasty butt but thanks to everyone on here I learned how to clear that up really quickly! Originally started with 6 ducks. Now we only have 3 ducks but 12 chickies! No more, I'm so addicted!

THEY HATCHED!!!!!!!!!!! Ok so one of the chicks which was a breech egg is a brown red color named duck but it looks a little iffy and still wet, and then another chick named tic tac is almost fully dry and so far perfectly healthy and he/she is yellowish amd then goose has ny pipped but is moving inside egg and peewee also has not pipped and we're not sure if its moving or not chick pics will be up tomorrow!:jumpy:cd:bun

Breech means the chick is on the wrong side of the egg and it makes it harder for it to get out, this can also happen with human children

Back
Top Bottom