Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

SJ chickens - you could post photos of Muffy and Muncie at "what gender or breed is this," give their age in the photos - comb development and age, give a lot of clues.

One of my welsummers

Here are my six baby chicks, a little under a week old celebrating Easter.
Australorp, Golden Laced Wyandotte, Welsummer, Partridge Plymouth Rock, Crested Cream Legbar, Buckeye.

BigDaddy Farmer - Ohhhh MY what a pretty chick!!! I'd like to try Welsummers some time.

Meanwhile, here are my 3 Buff Orpingtons at 2 weeks, 2 days. They're starting to develop separate and distinct personalities now, which is interesting. Carbo, the cockerel in front on the left, is by far the friendliest, the most adventurous, and wants me to be HIS "mom" and nobody else's! Missy, the pullet in the middle, is very shy - she's the one I cannot call or lure without food. And sadly Ricky, far right, is getting into scraps with Carbo already so I'm afraid he's going to have to be the one I sell.

I'm posting this while I wait for them to settle down after their bedtime story and lights out. :p They usually squawk like crazy for 5 mins after the lights go out, then they cuddle up underneath Brooder Mom for the night.

...Sounds like they're done now, so it's lights out for me, too! Happy Easter everyone!

P.S. Dreamstone, what a great pic and cool idea! Y'all are so creative!

Last edited:
My chickens loved Easter! They got baskets and treats and love! Though a storm crashed their party, they just took the party inside!

Ok who can clear up some confusion? Are rainbow pullets a breed of their own or does that just mean that there is an assortment of colors/breeds?

Back
Top Bottom