Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Could anyone tell me the breeds? Thanks!

Thought these two were bielefelder but the bielefelder people don't think so! So now I have no idea what they are.. any thoughts? The black's are some sort of cross I am sure..

I was wondering but I got a bunch of easter eggers last year.. now that they are feathering they look different.. and they are huge compared to the batch of easter eggers I got last year.. but maybe? Wouldn't mind a few more pretty eggs in the basket.

I was wondering but I got a bunch of easter eggers last year.. now that they are feathering they look different.. and they are huge compared to the batch of easter eggers I got last year.. but maybe? Wouldn't mind a few more pretty eggs in the basket.
I got four EE's and I have basically two sizes. I have two that are as big, or maybe slightly fatter, than my RIR's and I have two that aren't much bigger than cornish hens. One of the smaller ones is skinny with almost no butt or shoulders on her. So, my thoughts are, since they are basically "mutts", you can get pretty much anything.

This is skinny one.

This one is bigger in the shoulders and butt but is still dwarfed by the RIR's and you can see the two in back are as big as the RIR's to the right.

Last edited:
Yeah, mine were all different sizes and feathered out all different colors too, which I love about them. One of my EE's is tiny and black and white and lays close to green eggs.. Another is a tank a big huge gray girl that lays very blue eggs like clockwork and one is tall and caramel and scrawny :)

I guess I will have to wait and see! :) These 2 are sooooo different then any of past experiences and dwarf all the EE's I had last year.. If they continue on this growth curve they will be EE's the size of turkeys! LOL

Agreed- 1 is all black, 1 is very barred rock looking(have 1 barred now)and one is more gray/white with less of the cuckoo pattern out of the blacks.. they definitely act much different then browns and do remind me of my barred when she was a chick. :) They are very lively and not as big as the browns. Well, I figure another 3-4 weeks ought to tell me for certain about EE status. Though at their current rate of growth they may become meat birds .

Back
Top Bottom