Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Oh cute and a frizzle too?  Love them so much.

Vocal as young age plus personality??? Roo in my experience.  Let us know as it will be good to know a way to  tell at a younger age than other methods.
It does have a good amount of frizzle feathers for one week and raised indoors where it is warm.  This lends itself to being female.  Id love to know the outcome in a few months when he crows or she lays an egg.

I'll definitely keep you posted. Yeah her feathers appeared by day 3! I just found out about the frizzle last night. So excited! I thought maybe something was wrong with her.

Funny, I was really worried about the first little chick I had when his feathers were upturned. I didnt know anything about chickens let alone the frizzle characteristic. I really thought there was something wrong with him. It turned out he was just a frizzle and now my yard is full of them.

This is my little guy the night I found him. You can barely see the upturn to the feathers. Above how he turned out and above that as a month or so old. I dont know how old he was when I found him but I was guessing a week.

Did i pay in the wrong section or something? Am i intruding on the 316 pages? Couldn't find anywhere more specific for this topic...what's my bed was all about older hens. Not relating sex link traits and guessing which chicks have which mom's.....oh well

Last edited:
Brand new babies!

Updated pics of the chickies:

Betty the Black Australorp.... she is quite the sweetie pie. (2 weeks old)

Sophia, the EE, who is by far the alpha chickie at the moment, even though she might qualify as the smallest. Go figure! (2 weeks old)

Izzie, the Cuckoo Marans.... who is the goofiest little thing. (2 weeks old)

Blanche, the Light Brahma, who is the snuggliest of them all. (3 weeks old)

Mrs. McGillicuddy, the Golden Sex Link. (3 weeks old)

And finally, Dorothy, the EE, who is the largest of this batch. (3 weeks old)

Last little hatchling. Ive been baby sitting all day because the mama she is with tonight and Im hoping will adopt her has three older babies who are ready to follow her around. This one just wanted to sleep most of the day.

This is River my EE, who is also in my avatar. She's about 5 1/2 weeks old now.

Rose my Salmon Favorelle, and Wolf my Buff Cochin. The Cochin's a bit younger and always seems to stick with Rose.

Cyberhen, one of my other EEs.

Noble, my bigger RIR. My two RIRs are the oldest.

Back
Top Bottom