Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

A lot of people swear by infant vitamin drops, like poly-vi-sol. It doesn't take much, and they are cheap. I have nutri-drench on hand too, and I feed Thorvin kelp to my parent flock to help with deficiencies in the chicks. I hope the incubating with friends thread can help you!

A lot of people swear by infant vitamin drops, like poly-vi-sol. It doesn't take much, and they are cheap. I have nutri-drench on hand too, and I feed Thorvin kelp to my parent flock to help with deficiencies in the chicks. I hope the incubating with friends thread can help you!
Hey! Yeh I've had a look at this polyvisol everyone keeps mentioning, but unfortunately I don't seem to be able to find it in the UK without it being extortionately priced...would I be alright with just normal children's drops without iron? What exactly is nutri-drench and Thorvin? These eggs weren't from my flock, I ordered them off line, which I am now starting to regret as I have had nothing but trouble since the offset. I know my hens are healthy as ever as I hatched eggs from them a month or so ago and hey all turned out a hell of a lot better than this little lot have. Wondering about the health of the hens that these eggs have come from now...

Shipping eggs can cause it's own problems, depending on how the eggs were handled during shipping. I didn't know you were in the UK! The poly- vi-sol is super cheap here. Thorvin kelp is Icelandic kelp that's dried as a supplement for people and animals. I bet other drops will do

Here are the girls. 11 baby chicks - mix of breeds. They have
us laughing all the time already!
D.gif

Mike

Shipping eggs can cause it's own problems, depending on how the eggs were handled during shipping. I didn't know you were in the UK! The poly- vi-sol is super cheap here. Thorvin kelp is Icelandic kelp that's dried as a supplement for people and animals. I bet other drops will do

Ha ha yeh one of the few UK people on here I think! I wish we had as much stuff as you guys do, it would make life a lot easier! Ok that sounds great, thanks for all your help.

I'd like more British chickens here please! I have some Cream Legbars and a lonely English Orpington. Someday I will get her another English Orpington friend. They are so so so over the top fluffy, she looks twice as big as she is! American Orpington aren't nearly as fluffy.

This is my orphaned baby piggy with a late hatch. I had to keep it warm till the evening when I could reunite it with siblings. So cute. Couldn't believe the pig let this happen

This happened to my first hatch in May. She was fine by day 3. Just took some time to build up strength i guess.

Back
Top Bottom