BABY CHICK SEVERAL PROBLEMS

kassyycorona

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 20, 2014
Hello this is my first time posting here so sorry for any mistakes but I need serious help and quickly.

Recently a mother chicken abandoned a young chick, we took her in quickly as soon as we saw her abandoned. We also notice she probably got trampled by the other chickens so her legs are spraddled. She's a crawler and we're not sure what to do, she eats very little and try to handfeed her, she can't seem to find food if I place it in front of her, but she isn't blind. We have to do everything for her which I dont mind but I notice her get weaker each day and I really want her to make it. Also she breathes weird she opens her mouth as if it was hard to gasp for air, please help!!! I'm doing everything I can

mother hen realized this one would not make it. you can purchase a little item to try and get the legs under control. In the meantime, start on sav-a-chick electrolyte and probiotic to get energy up and needed nutrients. also feed medicated chick starter

mother hen realized this one would not make it. you can purchase a little item to try and get the legs under control. In the meantime, start on sav-a-chick electrolyte and probiotic to get energy up and needed nutrients. also feed medicated chick starter

Yes we did believe that at first, but she is a fighter. Although she was actually one of the strongest of the chick's when she was born. Simply when she was trampled the mother would leave her behind and we just knew we had to take her since the mother didn't pay much attention afterwards, but ty for a reply ! I will try to get the needed nutrients for her, I also heard else where that you can give them a bit of white yolk , but I'm not so sure would you know anything about that miss?

sav-a-chick electrolyte is designed for ill chicks and new chicks. I use big electrolyte for my calves and Gatorade for my children when they are ill. I don't go in much for non-medicated items. Savachick saves my chicks every time. as for legs that device is sold and is quite cheap. cheap cheap!

I think she's not going to make it, I think she's having a heatstroke she's gasping for too much air and struggling. Thank you though

images

Welcome to BYC!

I am so sorry about this baby. How is she this morning? Unfortunately they don't all make it to adulthood. So sorry.

Back
Top Bottom