Baby chick sounds

Standoutcheetah

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2024
Hello everyone! I have 4 week old chicks.

Please excuse the messy floor from the brooder. I’m getting used to their sounds and differentiating them. I’m very clear on the HELP sound.

I took a video of some of the current sounds and there’s one that I’m not sure it’s in between normal and help.

Is this normal? I didn’t want them to see me when recording because they either stop or they all get louder to get picked up.

I have 15 and it’s hard to tell which one this is coming from. They have food, clean bedding, water, & warmth at the appropriate temps. They’re bopping around like normal. Flying at each other establishing a pecking order. I’ve tried adding the video let me know if it doesn’t work.

I assume you are concerned about the sudden increase in volume and the sound of sudden distress. Those are the normal sounds of a brooder where chicks are becoming annoyed and bored with confinement so they occasionally bully a brooder mate.

It's not so much a sign of something going wrong as it is a sign that your chicks need to be spending all day outside instead of stuffed into a brooder container. They are ready to move into a coop and live permanently outside.

I assume you are concerned about the sudden increase in volume and the sound of sudden distress. Those are the normal sounds of a brooder where chicks are becoming annoyed and bored with confinement so they occasionally bully a brooder mate.

It's not so much a sign of something going wrong as it is a sign that your chicks need to be spending all day outside instead of stuffed into a brooder container. They are ready to move into a coop and live permanently outside.

Thank you so much! They are going outside soon!

Back
Top Bottom