Baby chick throwing itself on its back?

Clucker23

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Soo i could use some help everyone, here is my problem...I have a baby chick who was stuck in the egg for almost a whole day, I finally got it out and its been out for about 24 hours or so now, But here is my problem the baby cant seem to stand if you put it on its feet it will almost throw itself on its back. And once on its back it just keeps kicking and kicking. But this is not a weak chick, it is very alert and responsive, will drink water when offered and I gave Poly-Vi-Sol last night, I've been holding him in the correct position on his feet and alternating to having his feet dangle between my fingers and it is very capable of holding his head on his own and moving his legs the correct way. I am very willing to work with this little guy i just don't know what else to do, so if anyone has suggestions or advice , It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
big_smile.png

Hi there, how is you chick doing now? One of mine would do the same thing when first hatched for the first day. I got great advice from someone on this forum, I used a mug wrapped with a cloth and put the chick in the centre deep enough so it couldn't.t jump out. Did this for about 3-4 hrs in the bator. Worked very well! My chick is now upright doing better except needs help with eating, drinking as its so much weaker than the others. It is 3 days old. Good luck!

Hi there, how is you chick doing now? One of mine would do the same thing when first hatched for the first day. I got great advice from someone on this forum, I used a mug wrapped with a cloth and put the chick in the centre deep enough so it couldn't.t jump out. Did this for about 3-4 hrs in the bator. Worked very well! My chick is now upright doing better except needs help with eating, drinking as its so much weaker than the others. It is 3 days old. Good luck!

He is doing a little better now, he can sit
normally without flipping over, but once he gets excited he flips right over. So i keep holding him in the correct position and offering him food and water, he will take the liquid, no solid food yet. So I have been soaking his food in water and vitamins, he is pretty weak though. But he is hanging in there, my fingers are crossed. Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom